Vera Reloading on Panal Arm

This has been a long standing problem for me. The panel is a Vista-20P with an EVL-3. I’m running UI7 with the latest firmware and the latest updated files for the plugin. I have a scene named “Armed Away” that runs when the panel is armed away. The scene turns on several sets of flood lights and is supposed to turn them off 5 minutes later. The lights always turn on as they are supposed to, but they never turn off automatically.

If I run the scene manually, the lights turn on, stay on for 5 minutes, and then turn off.

I armed the panel remotely today using the virtual panel created by the plugin and noticed that the blue info display came on at the top of the browser window showing that the Z-Wave devices were being configured. It appears that something is causing the Vera to reload the engine. I’ve attached a portion of the log beginning with the keypress of 2 for Armed Away.

Any idea what is causing the problem and how I can resolve it?

At first glance it looks to be caused by “LuaUPnP crash”… Try running your scene (which turns off the lights after 5 minutes) manually and 1 minute after executing the scene, reload the engine. You’ll find that your scene will exhibit the same behavior. I wish I could tell you why but it looks like it executes the scene [08 01/23/16 18:38:19.601 Scene::RunScene running 34 TC Armed Away <0x2e3ff680>] then immediately crashes out. Vera lacks persistence.

Is this scene just an Advanced scene, Lua or both ?

[quote=“X50, post:1, topic:190745”]This has been a long standing problem for me. The panel is a Vista-20P with an EVL-3. I’m running UI7 with the latest firmware and the latest updated files for the plugin. I have a scene named “Armed Away” that runs when the panel is armed away. The scene turns on several sets of flood lights and is supposed to turn them off 5 minutes later. The lights always turn on as they are supposed to, but they never turn off automatically.

If I run the scene manually, the lights turn on, stay on for 5 minutes, and then turn off.

I armed the panel remotely today using the virtual panel created by the plugin and noticed that the blue info display came on at the top of the browser window showing that the Z-Wave devices were being configured. It appears that something is causing the Vera to reload the engine. I’ve attached a portion of the log beginning with the keypress of 2 for Armed Away.

Any idea what is causing the problem and how I can resolve it?[/quote]

It is a simple Scene created using the standard wizard. I’ve had the problem since the beginning, many months ago.I’ve even tried deleting the scene and recreating it with the same result.

Attached is a log snippit from manually running the scene a few minutes ago. As you can see, no problems and no engine reboot.

Yes, but did you try to reload Lua prior to the scene finishing ? Vera lacks persistence across a reload (e.g. crash, restart etc.), It doesn’t recall that the scene had started or finished and therefore is the reason why the scene doesn’t disable your lights. Again, I’m merely trying to explain what happens when the engine crashes and reloads. It simply doesn’t remember where it left off within the scene - only that it executed it at some point. I truly do wish I could help further but Vera has, for lack of a better term - a mind of its own.

How do your resources look up to that point ? I hate to recommend another plugin but you might watch the scene (not manually executed) execute using System Monitor.

Again, wish I could be of more help here…

[quote=“X50, post:3, topic:190745”]It is a simple Scene created using the standard wizard. I’ve had the problem since the beginning, many months ago.I’ve even tried deleting the scene and recreating it with the same result.

Attached is a log snippit from manually running the scene a few minutes ago. As you can see, no problems and no engine reboot.[/quote]

No, I get you point about the reboot. I just included the log snippit of the scene executing normally in case it helped anyone figure out what the issue is.

I’ve got Event Watcher installed. It reports: Memory Avail (kB)96480 Memory Free (kB)76088 App Memory Used (kB)528. The average CPU load looks to be between 25% and 30%.

Resources actually look good… Is there an option to enable more verbose logging at the plugin itself ?

[quote=“X50, post:5, topic:190745”]No, I get you point about the reboot. I just included the log snippit of the scene executing normally in case it helped anyone figure out what the issue is.

I’ve got Event Watcher installed. It reports: Memory Avail (kB)96480 Memory Free (kB)76088 App Memory Used (kB)528. The average CPU load looks to be between 25% and 30%.[/quote]

I don’t see anything for verbose logging in Event Watcher or this plugin. I just enabled it in the Vera log tab (I thought it already was…) and will disarm/rearm the panel to post another log capture.

There appears to be an option [Debug] within under EVL3Vista:

2016-01-22 07:11:51.370   luup_log:48: (EVL3VistaAlarmPanel::setVariable) device [48] SID [urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1] variable [DebugMode] value [1].
2016-01-22 07:11:51.370   luup_log:48: (EVL3VistaAlarmPanel::setVariable) Setting variable [DebugMode] new [1] old [NIL].
2016-01-22 07:11:51.371   luup.variable_set:48: 48.urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.DebugMode was: EMPTY now: 1 #hooks:0
2016-01-22 07:11:51.372   luup_log:48: (EVL3VistaAlarmPanel::task) DEBUG MODE ENABLED!
2016-01-22 07:11:51.373   luup.task:48: status=4 EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : DEBUG MODE ENABLED!
2016-01-22 07:11:51.374   luup_log:48: (EVL3VistaAlarmPanel::toggleDebugMode) Debug mode now [enabled].

Actually looking more into this, this bit might require you to reach out to Vera support… [01 2016-1-23 18:38:19 caught signal 11 <0x2e3ff680>]. This was in the log file you originally posted.
I’d open a ticket with them and have them look into this further (include your log data).

Attached is a log with the detailed logging for the plugin enabled. It appears to restart just as the keyboard display changes from the exit now message to armed away.