Vera Plus just stopped???

Yesterday, 12/9, my VeraPlus just stopped responding. My scheduled scenes as well as any commands through the app didn’t work. Just got off with Vera Support. They said some files were missing. Not sure how they became missing because I have not touched the Vera and wouldn’t even know how to remove or delete them.

I don’t have a good feeling about continuing with Vera for very important home functions, such as door and motion sensors and turning on and off lights and appliances and HVAC if it’s going to be unreliable. It could have detrimental impacts.

I asked how this can be prevented from happening in the future and didn’t get any answer except that it can happen from time to time. Not a good answer.

Indeed the mios has been using some very nasty scripts in the vera to look at files presence and reupload them either from the ROM partition of the drive or their servers when they go missing. Even though the initial thought was to automate recovery from problems, in the vera style of programming things, they preferred to use a brutal recovery methods rather than address the root cause of the problem. It looks to me like something went wrong during one of these recovery attempts and it wiped out files instead of recover them. My solution has been to disable all of these scripts…