Vera Plus generic Zigbee devices

Hi,

I tried to connect some cheap zigbee devices to my Vera plus.

I could pair them as a generic Zigbee device, and can control them. That is to say… can only turn the lights on or of.
It should also be possible to dim the lights and change the color.
I contacted Vera Support, and they could help me If we can find the XML and Json files.

But unfortunately I can not find them.
I even bought the gateway that Lidl sells, that works fine with the bulb, but misses some functionality that my Vera Plus has. (automation)

I was hoping to find the XML and Json files in the gateway, but cannot login to it.

So I probably need someone who can create the XML file or knows the settings to configure it in Vera Plus.
Anyone can help me?

Rob

normally it is enough to rename the files and change the classes under advanced settings

Hi Chali,
Sounds good, but can you give me a little more info on how to exactly do that?

Rob

Hi

here are the classes: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories?fbclid=IwAR3tRk5Gy2UmMsBm4F_gi0GbBMm9mOm13iroWFT3E7emxsyM6sn-y8Vqo1E

try this and see if it works, klick on the device and change “Automatically configure” under setting on the device to.“NO” klick save

then go back one step and click on advanced. change the following:
category_num: 2
subcategory_num: 3

then change the device_file lines to D_DimmableLight:1.xml
same for the device_json lines: D_DimmableLight:1.json
and: device_type: urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DimmableLight:1

ie you should only change the part where it says generic, the rest of the lines should be the same as it is.

Hi Chali,

We are almost there…:slight_smile:
I can now dimm the lights, but can not change the color. (it is a RGBW Bulb)

I used the D_DimmableRGBLight2.xml xml and json, and changed:
urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableRGBLight:2

also changed the subcategory to 4.

The light dims, but no color change…

Rob
BTW I am thinking of connecting my vera plus to home automation, read somewhere that this should be possible. Would that fix it?

Color will likely not happen due to the lack of compatibility with the Vera Plus Zigbee setup. This is a known limitation. It’s unfortunate because to get that functionality you’ll likely need to invest in Z-Wave options.

No it wont fix the color problem, it will make your vera fast and stable.

I dont have this rgb lights so i cant do any test, for rgb i normaly use quin dig-uno or quad. And control them from HA.

Rob,
Didi you do anything different to pair your lights with vera?
I’ve got some of the smartplugs and I cannot get them paired.

Thanks
Tim

Dear Colleagues I also have several smart plugs and a PIR sensor from Lidl and I included without problem as generic Zigbee an it work well (plugs) the PIR sensor does not work.
Suddenly something happen and all the Zigbee devices stop working I contacted Vera and fix the problem, but I must exclude and include it again. As the scenes are complex to managing with Zigbee devices, I tested options and I discover that if you change the characteristics of the Zigbee using a binary device configuration on/off device, the device become like a Zwave device, to do that I changed the following configuration:
the kind of device to : urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1
device file to : D_BinaryLight1.xml
and device json to : D_BinaryLight1.json
and the device become very controllable as a normal z-wave device.
For the moment it is working without any problem, in parallel I installed an smart controller connected to several plugs and the PIR sensor that does not work with Vera and I testing the behaviour in parallel. The scene control is considerable better in Vera but the Smart controller from Lidl allow also some simple automatic configuration.
The time reaction of the Smart controller is considerable quicker than the Vera. !
It could be good to be able to interconnect the Smart controller from Lidl ( Zigbee controller) to the Vera but I did not see any comment about that.
Did you know how to do it or you tested any way to do that?.

Regards.
Jesus

Did you find a way to connect LIDL Smart Plug to Vera?
I tried as a generic Zigbee device but with no success

I do have LIDL Livarno Lux bulbs fully working when connected to a Philips Hue gateway and they work fine, but I was not able to connect the LIDL Smart plug to the Hue hub either.

Would adding the LIDL zigbee gateway work, and would that be a solution?

Anyone any ideas?

How did you manage to connect LIDL Smart plugs to Vera?

Managed to get the lidl plugs paired this weekend.
After failing to get them paired using the web interface we managed to do it via the app. Don’t understand whats different but it worked.

Once paired as generic device and left for a bit we changed the xml and Json types to binary lights and they work very well now.