Vera plus full of backup files

Greetings,

HAd some issues with a device and the solution from vera support was to update, that caused some more problems. After about 2 weeks of troubleshooting , all is working again.

I asked vera support how my vera plus looked like , am I maxed out , is there room for more?
This is the answer:

I have double check a brand new controller ( Vera Plus ) that we have in our office and here is the space left on the overlay partition ( which is the one that is most important, when we take about space ) and here is the output:

/dev/mtdblock7 8.6M 3.4M 5.2M 39% /overlay

and for your unit it is:

/dev/mtdblock7 8.6M 6.8M 1.9M 78% /overlay

I am not sure if that is bad , acceptable , or good enough… anyone can share some light?
The other thing ( why I am posting in the datamine directory:

Support noticed that the datamine directory on my vera plus is quite/too large ( see attachment). It is full of backups. Is that normall?. Why are they stored there? did I do something wrong? Can I delete them?

Thanks,
Cor

Most activity in datamine threads have stopped. But I deleted all those backups except the most recent.

I have other questions I never got answers for so I believe development and interest has stopped.

For the mios acquisition thread I asked about some form of metric gathering like datamine.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ok , I have deleted 279 files now ( the backup files only).

anyone knows how I can get this info:
/dev/mtdblock7 8.6M 6.8M 1.9M 78% /overlay

Thanks,
Cor

I cannot directly answer your question but I tend to use the System Monitor plug-in to keep an eye on memory. When I used to use Datamine2, I would track about 3 memory parameters so some information is in System Monitor, if you use something like PLEG to harvest it. I am a Noob at using Linux commands to get the information Customer Care provided to you.

@ Don Phillips: I use system monitor plugin as well, but that doesn’t show the free disk space, only the free memory available. Customer care said :“the space left on the overlay partition ( which is the one that is most important, when we talk about space”.

Cor

If you ssh into Vera you can type du -h or df. That’s disk usage human readable and disk free.

Yep found it:

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on rootfs 8.6M 6.8M 1.9M 78% / /dev/root 10.0M 10.0M 0 100% /rom tmpfs 124.8M 2.1M 122.6M 2% /tmp /dev/mtdblock7 8.6M 6.8M 1.9M 78% /overlay overlayfs:/overlay 8.6M 6.8M 1.9M 78% / tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev /dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.5M 48.5M 3% /storage /dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.5M 48.5M 3% /etc/cmh-firmware /dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.5M 48.5M 3% /etc/cmh-backup /dev/mtdblock9 10.0M 10.0M 0 100% /mios /dev/sda2 6.7G 37.3M 6.6G 1% /datamine

deleting all those files didn’t change anything …

Your datamine isn’t mounted in the overlayfs. With 6 gigs you shouldn’t have any issue.

To reduce space in /overlay you need the directories it uses like where all you plugins are installed like etc-ludl.

When you upgrade next you’ll want to make sure you are cleaned up in overlay.

Directories on the Vera are mounted or linked to overlay but etc-cmh is another on and there’s some firmware directory storing old firmwares that can be deleted to save space.