I recently bought a Vera Plus controller, and after setup, I did a firmware upgrade procedure. Since then, my Vera was unresponsive, with only the Power LED blinking quickly. Reset was not working either. I had the same problem two year ago, so I will explain in this post how I did two years ago to recover the Vera, and how I did this time…
1. Why this could be happening
It seems that, when performing a firmware update, choosing the option “Erase all settings” (or something like this) is not a good idea. You should choose to “Keep my current settings”.
2. How I did two years ago
I unbricked the Vera Plus two years ago by performing the following operations :
- Reboot the Vera in bootloader/rescue mode (power off, push and keep the reset button pushed, put the power back on, and release the reset button once all the leds turn on).
- Stay in this mode for 20 minutes, doing nothing.
- Turn off the device, and wait 20s.
- Turn on the device, wait 2 minutes.
- Try the reset procedure (press 6 times the reset button in less than 6 seconds) : it worked and vera cam back to life.
This, however, did not work for me this time
3. How I did this time
I read on the forum somebody who explained that when bricked, Vera seems to have a hard coded ip adress in 192.168.0.x. In my place, IP adresses are in 192.168.1.x.
Either change the Ip adresses of your whole home to 192.168.0.x, or find a router that will have a dhcp in 192.168.0.x and provide internet access, and plug vera to it (I did the second option).
After 3 minutes, three leds were on, and I could add the Vera Plus to my account again. After 10 minutes of setup, everything was working and the new firmware was installed.
I hope this post will help you, or help me in the future when I will brick again another Vera