Vera not found

I tried to and I think I just upgraded my firmware but now I can’t connect anymore to my vera.

Any suggestions!

How are you trying to connect. Please be more specific as your question is pretty vague.

• Garrett

Garrett,

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry but I am a little overwhelmed with my Vera. Everything worked OK for 8 months until I tried to install a thermostat (CT30) and it initially kind of worked. Vera could read the actual temp. and turn heat, cool and fan on and off but it was unable to set the desired temp.

To attempt to fix this, I tried to bring my vera that had not been upgraded since 4/10 to the latest firmware level. I am not sure if this actually happened since I never got a completion indication.

I also found out that there is a new user interface. I upgraded to it and initally everything went astray since my old way of contacting my vera failed.

Since then things have improved a little. I think I have your new userinterface working. I really like the new screens, much more contemporary then the old stuff I had gotten used to.

Still struggeling with one sensor (HSM 100) that used to work but does not want to come on.

The CT 30 works but at times something just shuts itself off. Not sure if it’s the termostat or commands from vera.

To get things right again, I think I need to determine if the vera is actually running the latest firmware version.

Any suggestions would be most welcome since we depend on vera controlling the heating system in our mountain house.

Best regards,

Dieter

Garret,

I played some more with your new user interface. VERY NICE!! I really like it.

I found that my firmware is on the latest release. So that is taken care of.

I also excluded and subsequently included one device that gave me no results and it seems to be OK now.

Only remaining issue is the occasional going OFF on my new CT 30 thermostat. I will monitor this for a while. Could it be that I need to hit SAVE on the main screen after I issue a new command?

Dieter

Not sure about the CT 30, but you may want to make sure that it is not the thermostat shutting off. When you say shutting off, does the unit just turn in off mode or does it completely shut off?

For the HSM100, I would assume you excluded it and re-included the device? I just got one in the other day and had to repair it a second time as the first time it worked for a few hours and then the motion sensor failed to even respond. Re-including the device corrected the issue and all sensors are being reported.

Glad you like UI4, others will disagree but I think it is much nicer then UI2/3.

• Garrett

Garrett,

I don’t understand why “others” don’t like UI4! It is such a vast improvement over the previous method that I used.

As to the CT 30, I am in contact with the manufacturer and hope to get to the bottom of it. The CT30 has four main modes Heat, Cool, Auto and Off". At times, the umnit goes to off. Not good when you are dependoing on it to keep your pipes from frezzing. I think I have identified a set of circumstances that makes this happen and am trying to confirm.

As to the HSM 100, you are right, after my upgrade of new firmware and installing UI4, it worked only partially but ‘excluding’ and subsequently ‘including’ it fixed it all.

I need some advice as to signing on to my dashboard on UI4. In the mountains, where the vera is located, connected to the Internet via a DSL modem, I used http://192.168.0.74/cmh/ to get to it. Now I am back in Boulder and this does not work right, very slowly and only a partial screen comes up.

Is ther another way to accces my dashboard. Fortunately, my Ipad app still works well and I can stay on top of my thermostat issues.

Thanks for your help.

Dieter

[quote=“dietermarie, post:6, topic:167572”]Garrett,

I don’t understand why “others” don’t like UI4! It is such a vast improvement over the previous method that I used.

As to the CT 30, I am in contact with the manufacturer and hope to get to the bottom of it. The CT30 has four main modes Heat, Cool, Auto and Off". At times, the umnit goes to off. Not good when you are dependoing on it to keep your pipes from frezzing. I think I have identified a set of circumstances that makes this happen and am trying to confirm.

As to the HSM 100, you are right, after my upgrade of new firmware and installing UI4, it worked only partially but ‘excluding’ and subsequently ‘including’ it fixed it all.

I need some advice as to signing on to my dashboard on UI4. In the mountains, where the vera is located, connected to the Internet via a DSL modem, I used http://192.168.0.74/cmh/ to get to it. Now I am back in Boulder and this does not work right, very slowly and only a partial screen comes up.

Is ther another way to accces my dashboard. Fortunately, my Ipad app still works well and I can stay on top of my thermostat issues.

Thanks for your help.

Dieter[/quote]

Hi Dieter –

On your local network your IP address might be 192.168.0.74. However, to access vera remotely you need to access it through the IP address of your DSL modem. In addition, you need to set the port forwarding of your router for 80 to the 192.168.0.74 address of vera.

These days most telcos use DHCP. That means that the IP address of the DSL modem will change over time. If your router supports DDNS you can subscribe the following web site for an domain name that will be updated as the IP address of your modem changes (see: http://www.dyndns.com/)

I hope this helps.