Vera Mate Future

Hi VeraMate!
I have 17 lights (lamp) and 23 switch (connector) plugins.
All plugins is BinaryLight1 , and all plugins are under “Active Lights”.
I wolud like to see the “Connectors” switch under in other customizable “group”
Can you create “other custom GROUP” where can i move the switchs (connectors switch)?

See the picture (my created fantasy…)

[quote=“slajgaj, post:1, topic:186322”]Hi VeraMate!
I have 17 lights (lamp) and 23 switch (connector) plugins.
All plugins is BinaryLight1 , and all plugins are under “Active Lights”.
I wolud like to see the “Connectors” switch under in other customizable “group”
Can you create “other custom GROUP” where can i move the switchs (connectors switch)?

See the picture (my created fantasy…)[/quote]

Custom groups are a nice idea. I’ve been wanting to build on these groupings in the future (i.e. not just rooms, ordering etc), so this can be part of that. Not sure when I’ll do this yet, as it’ll require quite a few changes to the code.

Thank!

Good idea, i will waiting in the future :slight_smile:

Version 9.2 (hopefully Apple to release this week), has a large underlying rewrite of some of the UI components, and goes a long way to be able to implement this. At this stage it just allows new “paging”, and fully customizing the ordering and what and where buttons will appear (only on homepage though). I think this offers a good experience to be able to show all lights etc on one page if so desired.

The next step will be creating a list of these buttons and better support for different types.

Thank you! I upgraded the 9.2.2

[move]Wow, that is fantastic!
The new layout and GUI , custom page , greatest![/move]

I will waiting custom "active " group (for example the “Active Lights” , other devices (my active connector plugin switchs in one group)

I live the VERAMATE !

Thank you !

Any plans on upgrading the UI to the clean “Material Design”?
I know this is very subjective but the looks of it IMO seems outdated and out of sync with all other iOS apps…would really like to see a revamped layout in the near future :slight_smile:

[quote=“SchattenMann, post:6, topic:186322”]Any plans on upgrading the UI to the clean “Material Design”?
I know this is very subjective but the looks of it IMO seems outdated and out of sync with all other iOS apps…would really like to see a revamped layout in the near future :)[/quote]

Have to chuckle about Android Design Standards on iOS. STILL, as an Android fan forced to use an iPhone for work I applaud you!

There’s quite a lot I want to do to the UI, as I agree it can be done better. I’m focusing on lots of functionality to be put in now though, and will have to come back to the UI later.

Just updated my Veramate to 9.4.2.4 from 9.2 Very nice indeed!!
The option of adding pages is fantastic and allows to have a special page showing all Windows and Doors status in a single page (usually set in each room with me). Same way I have set a page for the controlling my A/Cs - unfortunately the devices of weatherunderground (Temp etc.) which I planned on showing at the top of the page can not be selected from the Button list although they appear in the appropriate room (House Entrance). Even more disappointing is the fact that my ZXT-120 Thermostats (6 of them) can not be found as well… Same goes for the iPhone Detector Plugin.
Any plans…?
Thank you!

Glad you like it :slight_smile: And yes thermostats being able to be added on these screens are definitely in the works. As they can’t be interacted with as simply as a light switch (for example), a fair amount more work is required to have a better UI for them. This will be being added over the next couple of releases… so stay tuned :slight_smile:

Veramate!
What is your team’s future priority?
I have two Vera UI7.
Now i switch between Vera’s (via the settings/veras)
Can you plan the “bridge” mode, the two Vera devices in on dashboard?

Priorities have a tendency to change a bit, depending on the most requested feature I hear about, or if other work is being done in the same are of code that something can be easily added.

Currently there is some major work happening to enhance the UI a bit, including (hoping to make it in next release) custom lists.

Bridging will likely be a fairly hefty refactor of the code, so it’s a bit down the list. It’s also a little redundant, as you can bridge Vera’s and effectively “join” two or more systems. (That said, I know of some users who have had trouble with it, so it might be a bit buggy).

UI5 doco, but effectively the same: http://docs5.mios.com/doc.php?language=1&platform=3Lite&page=multiple_units. It sounds like that might be what you want to do though.

[quote=“slajgaj, post:11, topic:186322”]Veramate!
What is your team’s future priority?
I have two Vera UI7.
Now i switch between Vera’s (via the settings/veras)
Can you plan the “bridge” mode, the two Vera devices in on dashboard?[/quote]

The following answer is not because I dont like VeraMate, I love it, its my Primairy app for Vera…but what you ask (multiple Vera devices on one dashboard) can be done with the Imperihome app.

mcalistair!

Yes i know the Imperihome app , and the Homewave app. These applications to manage the multiple Vera :slight_smile:
But i love the VeraMate, a lot of useful things in it.
I thinking if the other developers can do, then, i beleive the VeraMate can do in the future

[quote=“slajgaj, post:14, topic:186322”]mcalistair!

Yes i know the Imperihome app , and the Homewave app. These applications to manage the multiple Vera :slight_smile:
But i love the VeraMate, a lot of useful things in it.
I thinking if the other developers can do, then, i beleive the VeraMate can do in the future[/quote]

Ok cool… fully agree, I also hope it will be added in the future :wink: