Vera Lite EU to Vera Lite US to Wink

Let’s first put aside the fact that you shouldn’t run Z-Wave frequencies in a country they are not licensed for. My question is simply, is it possible.

Being in Europe, devices are limited. I’ve only just seen Vera today. I would also like to play with Wink and SmartThings; so the dilemma arises from these hubs only having US Z-Wave products.

The question; can you like a EU Vera to a U.S. Vera via UPnP/LAN (I think I read this somewhere. Bit hard on my iPhone). And then using the ‘Learning’ mode, have Wink connect on the U.S. frequency to the U.S. Vera and become a secondary controller. Which would mean that all GUI and scene controls, Apple Watch, and Wink Relay could work with z-Wave devices on both the EU and US versions of Vera?

Cheers.

[quote=“mriksman, post:1, topic:188367”]The question; can you like a EU Vera to a U.S. Vera via UPnP/LAN (I think I read this somewhere. Bit hard on my iPhone).[/quote]Yes, the Veras can be bridged.

And then using the 'Learning' mode, have Wink connect on the U.S. frequency to the U.S. Vera and become a secondary controller.
Probably. Although, I've never tried it.
Which would mean that all GUI and scene controls, Apple Watch, and Wink Relay could work with z-Wave devices on both the EU and US versions of Vera?
No. The Wink hub, in this configuration, would be a secondary Z-Wave controller on the U.S. Z-Wave network. The Wink would only be aware of the U.S. Z-Wave network's devices, It would have no knowledge of the European Vera or its Z-Wave devices.

The two bridged Veras would be aware of each other’s devices, but this would be via TCP/IP between the Veras and have nothing to do with the actual Z-Wave networks.

Don’t forget that, as well as frequency licensing issues, you also face voltage and current frequency issues when trying to use U.S products in Europe or vice versa.

Great answer. Makes sense too. I was hoping the sharing over LAN would make the EU Z-Waves visible to the Wink.

Very aware of voltage/frequency issues. It’s making it VERY hard to find US Z-Wave products that take 240V. Aeon Labs have the mini switch, but it’s unlikely the dimmer will function correctly.