Vera just gets weirder and wierder

This afternoon out of a clear blue sky I received an error message from one of my Veras

"ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events"

No other indication just that. The last change I made is about two days old. I Restarted and it didn’t come back but I’m getting used to strange things from Vera lately.

[quote=“clippermiami, post:1, topic:186647”]This afternoon out of a clear blue sky I received an error message from one of my Veras

No other indication just that. The last change I made is about two days old. I Restarted and it didn’t come back but I’m getting used to strange things from Vera lately.[/quote]

This can happen if you have Lua code in a scene that doesn’t manage all possible error conditions. For example, it fetches a response from an external device but does not handle a failed read or a nil return. Lua gets unhappy if you try to do much with nil variables.

There is probably an error flagged somewhere in the log but it could be very hard to find it if you don’t know when it happened.

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:2, topic:186647”][quote=“clippermiami, post:1, topic:186647”]This afternoon out of a clear blue sky I received an error message from one of my Veras

No other indication just that. The last change I made is about two days old. I Restarted and it didn’t come back but I’m getting used to strange things from Vera lately.[/quote]

This can happen if you have Lua code in a scene that doesn’t manage all possible error conditions. For example, it fetches a response from an external device but does not handle a failed read or a nil return. Lua gets unhappy if you try to do much with nil variables.

There is probably an error flagged somewhere in the log but it could be very hard to find it if you don’t know when it happened.[/quote]

Thanks. It’s certainly not very explanatory :slight_smile: Anyway I’ve rebooted and it’s gone so …

Wild. i have the same message in the middle of a heal… that’s been going on for 5 hours now.

the only lua I’ve added lately is Rex’s Reload/restart code (ironically).

Let me add to this. two questions i can’t find answers for:

1. does a reload stop a heal? (i just did this, and it looks to be the case).
  2. during a reload, is it normal for a Vera to reboot, as this happened during mine (before i did #1)
...the only lua I've added lately is Rex's Reload/restart code (ironically).

I’m running both the restart log and log snapshot on UI5 and UI7 and I haven’t seen this error flagged. It could be environment dependent, though. Are you running both pieces of code? Are both files getting updated after a restart?