Vera event triggering SQ blaster/remote macro

I’ve seen parts of this question asked in other parts of the forum, but have not yet come across a definitive answer. My basic question is: Can a Vera event (a sensor being triggered) cause an SQ Remote macro to happen?

I have a Vera running UI4, an SQ Blaster and use the SQ Remote app on my ipad. The sq remote macro calling Vera scenes works very well. I control all of my AV equipment with the blaster and a macro calls a Vera scene to dim the lights when the movie starts and to bring the lights up when I hit pause.

I can program a macro to pause my TV and switch interface to receive a camera feed for a period of time and then go back to live TV and unpause. Ideally, I’d like this macro to be triggered by Vera from something like a motion sensor (or Z-wave doorbell if they ever offer one in the US).

I’ve downloaded and installed the SQRemote plugin for Vera and have not yet completely set it up. From what I’ve been reading, it sounds like I’ve got to enter all the remote codes into vera and that I get a fairly basic level of control. If I am understanding correctly, the plug allows Vera to push remote codes out through a blaster. It does not sound like Vera can directly access what already exists and is set up in the blaster. Is this correct?

I am willing to do the manual set up work if necessary in order to get it right, I’d just like to have an idea if what I am interested in can be done at a functional level.

My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, I was not able to find this specific info. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You are correct, you can not access what has been setup already. Most likely those macros reside in the sq remote app. You can sync your configuration with sq remote and access the remote codes via box.net. There you can get the xml files to import into vera. Once you get the plugin setup with your proper remote codes, you can create scenes to do what you want.

• Garrett

[quote=“triangledave, post:1, topic:169845”]I’ve downloaded and installed the SQRemote plugin for Vera and have not yet completely set it up. From what I’ve been reading, it sounds like I’ve got to enter all the remote codes into vera and that I get a fairly basic level of control. If I am understanding correctly, the plug allows Vera to push remote codes out through a blaster. It does not sound like Vera can directly access what already exists and is set up in the blaster. Is this correct?

I am willing to do the manual set up work if necessary in order to get it right, I’d just like to have an idea if what I am interested in can be done at a functional level.[/quote]
The SQBlaster Plugin can only do things that the SQBlaster itself can do.

SQRemote is the separate, iPhone-based, application that can be used to call SQBlaster functions, and create [local] Macros (stringing sets of actions together). These Macros are only known by SQRemote, they’re not known by the SQBlaster, and they’re always initiated, and executed, by SQRemote.

As a result, the SQBlaster Plugin cannot do Macro’s as they’re a SQRemote-only construct, one that’s not pushed down to the SQBlaster.

A number of the things done via Macros in SQRemote can also be done via MiOS-based Scenes. Since SQRemote can call these Scenes, you can have them trigger from both MiOS and SQRemote… it’s just that the UI for doing that isn’t as intuitive as SQRemote’s UI.

Thank you for your replies. I have my sqremote backup on box and will begin the process of building the functions that I would like on Vera. Sq blaster is the “dumb” device and Vera and/or Sqremote are the brains that tell the device what to do. Time to dig into more involved Vera scenes.

[quote=“guessed, post:3, topic:169845”]As a result, the SQBlaster Plugin cannot do Macro’s as they’re a SQRemote-only construct, one that’s not pushed down to the SQBlaster.

A number of the things done via Macros in SQRemote can also be done via MiOS-based Scenes. Since SQRemote can call these Scenes, you can have them trigger from both MiOS and SQRemote… it’s just that the UI for doing that isn’t as intuitive as SQRemote’s UI.[/quote]

It is a very old thread, but might help me.
How and what scenes can I trigger from MiOS ?

Now I am doing tests in integrate sqblaster with vera…

once I have my sqremote with all commands of my IR devices working fine…

I create a scene to turn on my tv…putting the code from my xml backed up in box.net

I would like to create a luup code to run a lot of codes…but this code to send a IR code to sqblaster from luup I do not have yet…

with this code I will can do anything from vera associating my IR devices and my sqblasters around my home

[quote=“mikee123, post:5, topic:169845”]It is a very old thread, but might help me.
How and what scenes can I trigger from MiOS ?[/quote]
So there are two ways to send stuff to the blaster:

a) Use the XSLT Conversion process to convert each “IR Device” into a plugin (I_xxxx and D_xxxx)
b) Manually call it’s [tt]SendProntoCode[/tt] (from [tt]urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:IrTransmitter1[/tt])

If you go the first route, then the IR Device exposes a set of actions that can be included into any scene. These actions correspond to what the IR Device itself can do (eg. Volume Up/Down, Channel changing etc). The Pronto codes necessary to complete the work are “embedded” in the Plugin files that you generate.

If you go the second route, it’s similar, but you must provide the Pronto Code (the hex string) needed to make the call to the IR Transmitter (eg. SQBlaster), and this needs to be provided as you’re building the Scene.

Ok thanks. I have done a. but a long time ago, it was quite complicated and fiddly. As i need another light scene for my Lutron, and i do not have a Pronto code, i will probably have to read up again of how to create the files and do it again. At least i’ve done it once and it still works…
I did not know about the pronto code way, that might help me further down the line when i try to integrate more ir stuff. I hope i still have my Pronto config files with the hex codes… might have deleted the when i sold the pronto though.

I have just seen another post on here which gave me an idea. Maybe i can extract the ir or hex codes from the box.net backup ?
Also, if that is possible… could i do a luup code which calls different commands, so as to recreate a macro but which is represented by one scene ? And what is the exact syntax of the luup code ?
I think that is similar to what @Piwtorak is trying to do

Chances are, if you’re only going to do a one-off, and it’s for something that’s “Not AV”, then you’re better off with (b).

Option (a) transforms stuff from the AV Conventions in SQBlaster world over to the AV Conventions in Vera world. If it’s not AV, then likely there will be no mapping.

This is particularly true if you use a Learned code in SQBlaster/SQRemote. Either way, the information is always in the devxxxxxxx.xml files that SQRemote saves to Box, so grab that and you’ll get the necessary code to send (internal, learned, or Pronto) and they’re all just handed off as strings to SendProntoCode anyhow.

Guessed,

I would like send a prontocode via Luup… something like this…

luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”, “SetTarget”, {newTargetValue = “1”}, 5)

but sending the prontocode to device ID of my sqblaster unit and specific IR port.

is it possible ?

thanks in advance…

So IR commands are one-way, with no feedback mechanism (and so, no state). As a result, they implement a wholly different set of services.

IF your IR Device has Discrete On and Off command, then it will typically implement the “[tt]On[/tt]” and “[tt]Off[/tt]” actions of serviceId “[tt]urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DiscretePower1[/tt]”

Not every IR Device supports Discrete power commands though, so some do toggle via the “[tt]OnOff[/tt]” action of the serviceId “[tt]urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:TogglePower1[/tt]”

Putting the pieces together…

Type (a) example… using a IR Device (that you’ve created/converted) attached to your [SQBlaster] IR Transmitter:

local IR_TV = 44 luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DiscretePower1", "On", {}, IR_TV)

Type (b) example… doing it manually, without a device file, talking directly to the [SQBlaster] IR Transmitter:

local IR_TRANSMITTER = 4
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:IrTransmitter1", "SendProntoCode", {ProntoCode = "P7b5c e7c2 b143 a604 84d3 5263 9b7f 092f 9dbe 7ced c1a8 a119 3ba2 b844 f8ff b1b9 28a1 c081 071b e148 c422 6e52 5efe c055 42ce 1653 7f75 2bab 8a85 430e af71 1907 de44 c08e aea0 32c7 f954 e78c 8bef a0b7 efbe ee7c 6811 5fde 4510 3b55 df1a 0584 5889 df96 5387 4558 0704 709c 136b 09e3 4134 5cd7 5505 756c 7318 e290 c99e 95cb 8f06 85bc 6255 1074 3bf2 924b 7421 1d3c e57a b468 f384 35de 4740 a9eb 273a 03f9 e57a b468 f384 35de 4740 a9eb 273a 03f9 e57a b468 f384 35de 4740 a9eb 273a 03f9 e57a b468 f384 35de 4740 a9eb 273a 03f9 1152 e539 19c1 fbc1 a219 3bba f7ab c6c6"}, IR_TRANSMITTER)

… more or less…

Ok great, That gives me something to work with. Still not 100% sure I understand all this but when I try to put it to work it will become clearer. I am trying to move my system over to voice control, so I need to have as much of my IR stuff as possible in Vera… I am still experimenting, but as i have dedicated tablets on the wall anyway I might as well try to use them as Voice inputs… Maybe i can get a lot of the TV and home cinema stuff controlled by Vera (via SQ Blaster), that means it could be controlled via voice…

This was certainly an interesting read :slight_smile: im myself pondering upon getting a SQ Blaster… a huge bonus would be if SQ Blaster was reportin back the signals it gets from the remote. So when I turn on the DVD player using the remote control, SQ Blaster would see the IR signal coming in and send it to Vera which would be interpreted to set the status of the IR device and could be used as a trigger in scenes… can this be done?

Smart Home needs to be smart right…? :wink:

@blingal

I do not think that is possible. I have a sat receiver, with an on/off toggle, no separate on off commands. I use a on/off switch with power metering, and in PLEG I use this info (I know the standby and on power consumption) to determine if the box is on or off. That is just an example of how you can get around some of the limitations. Unfortunately that is far from ideal, and by far not giving you all the feedback you would like

[quote=“mikee123, post:14, topic:169845”]@blingal

I do not think that is possible. I have a sat receiver, with an on/off toggle, no separate on off commands. I use a on/off switch with power metering, and in PLEG I use this info (I know the standby and on power consumption) to determine if the box is on or off. That is just an example of how you can get around some of the limitations. Unfortunately that is far from ideal, and by far not giving you all the feedback you would like[/quote]

Thanks Mikee, I kinda knew that was going to be the case. Its a shame though… would be so neat

The moment is coming, soon…

the devices are being constructed with lan or wifi port…
this will allow us to send commands direct to the devices…

I will change my receiver and TV for that one with lan port…with this, IR signals no more necessary and I will have all status of the device including volume, and anothers, think in up your volume X percent… or down direct to a position…

this will turn the things smart…IR senders was a transitory solution…