After a few tries I was able to get a BE469NX to pair with the VeraEdge. But I have been unable to pair the BE468. Every attempt ends in failure. I’ve tried adding it as a ‘generic’ device, as an ‘other zwave device’ and of course I tried the only Schlage listed under “Door Locks” - the model “SCH-TSBR-605C”.
I’ve also increased the debug log and tailed the /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log log but didn’t see anything indicating an error. (Don’t quite know what I’m looking for but nothing indicated there was an error condition during the time I attempted to add the lock.)
Over the course of the past week, I’ve probably repeated the attempt - varying the methods - I’m guessing 50 times. . . .
Every time I have added a lock (or had to reconfigure the zwave portion of one of the locks), I have had to move my Vera to a couple of feet away from the lock. I would suggest doing that if you haven’t tried that yet. Once you get the zwave configured, leave the Vera next to the lock for an hour because the lock and Vera “exchange security keys”. After an hour, you can move your Vera back to it’s regular location.
Yes due the security protocols, things like locks, you will need to take your vera and place it next to the lock for pairing. I’ve had them pair from a greater distance, but not correctly.
soo, if you are having problems, un-pair, move vera next to lock, re-pair.
I am having the same issue. keep getting a warning saying it couldn’t communicate or download keys usually a number 51 or 52. I moved it right next to it and used the sync but on the side of my edge and no luck. It just hangs on “Please wait! Getting secure classes”. Even though I got the red X on the unit.
I added one of these back on 7.0.12 (not 220.127.116.11) but not on 7.0.17, no luck at all. Can’t get through to support it wont even let me hold for a representative. Programmed a couple codes manually in the mean time.
I emailed support so I expect to hear back sometime in the next 2-3 years.