Vera Edge Showing Offline

I’m wonder if there is a problem why my Vera Edge is showing offline. Usually unplugging/plugging DC cord back in fixes the problem, but not this time. I use it also to extend wifi to a printer & that works fine. Guessing & hoping something is down on Vera side.
Thanks,
Reed

Hello @Reed,

It’s likely related to your controller. Is it hardwired or using WiFi?
Any recent changes to the network?

You can check the Platform Status here.

Hi Alvaro!
It’s hard wired. No changes to network.

I see partial outage on Ezlo VOI™ but don’t know if that effects me.

I’ll send you a PM.

Were you able to fix this out? I am having the same problem, my vera edge shows offline on the (Login) website, I keep unplugging it an plugging it back and it doesn’t seem to solve it, from the phone it works relatively fine

Hello @augustov

Could you please try to access your controller locally? (By using the controller’s IP address).

If you can access it locally and you can see the Vera dashboard, go to “Apps” > “Develop Apps” and copy-paste the following commands one by one followed by the button “Go”.

os.execute("rm -r /etc/cmh-zwfw/*")
os.execute("rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy*")
os.execute("rm -rf/overlay/etc/cmh/ergy_cache_paired_devices.conf")
os.execute("rm -rf /ezmi/cmh/ergy_cache_paired_devices.conf")
os.execute("rm /etc/cmh-firmware/mios*")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/mios_backup.info.old")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/alerts.json")
os.execute("rm -rf /www/dm/")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/dataMine")
os.execute("reboot")

As you can see, the last command will reboot your controller, after this please wait up to 5 min until it starts working as usual.

If the issue persists, please reach out to support at support@ezlo.com

Regards.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Alvaro, that did the trick!

Glad to read!

2 Likes

Hello… I too have the same problem. Ran your suggested lines one-by-one, lastly reboot. Controller rebooted and “Service” light comes up for a couple of seconds then shuts down and controller cannot be accesed from outside, only local LAN connections. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,

Hi @foe, it could be a server-related issue, please reach out to support at support@ezlo.com and we will help you as soon as possible.

Thank you. I have contacted technical support and got the issue fixed, this is what they did:

"Thank you for contacting Vera and Ezlo tech support,

We have changed the relay server on your controller to a closer one, please turn the unit off and on and let us know how it goes."

Thank you,

2 Likes

Hi @foe , we are glad to hear that, please let us know if you have any other further questions.