I have a Vera Edge that I’ve been happily using with a RFXTRX USB device and the plugin (v1.0) for many months, but recently things have gone badly wrong.
The first thing I noticed was my ALTUI plugin no longer responds, and then even UI7 itself seems very erratic and if I try to login I just get a spinning disc where the interface hangs. The Vera support guys have logged in to do some analysis and said that there were lots of errors associated with the RFXTRX plugin, and that I should “reconfigure” it. Sure enough, all my RFXTRX devices seem to have disappeared and if I try to do make any changes in the plugin device config I get a “ERROR: Device not ready” message. I had it configured for LightwaveRF devices, an Owl energy sensor and 3 Oregon Scientific temperature / humidity sensors. The only recent change I’ve made was to configure the readings from the temp sensors to be uploaded to Thingspeak via ALTUI.
Can anyone suggest what the best way forward is? Is it possible that I have an issue with the hardware unit itself?
I’ll look to get a powered USB hub. I don’t have one spare at the moment so have tried to connect it directly back to the Vera to see if anything had changed. Initially I just got an error message saying something like “connect RFXTRX to the LAN” and RFXTRX settings showed all protocols at an unset state. I checked the Vera USB settings and they all seem to have been reset to defaults. I set them as per the quick start guide and did a reboot. The settings now look correct for my device (only AD and Oregon enabled), but it’s back to the earlier problem in that it just says “ERROR: Device not ready” when I try to save the settings, plus I also see “Can’t Detect Device” appearing.
Is there anything else I should try or does this still sound like a USB power issue?
My new powered USB hub has arrived. I’ve connected it via that, but unfortunately it doesn’t look any healthier.
I still get a “RFXtrx : Connect the RFXtrx to the LAN” permanent message, plus “Lua Startup Failure.Can’t Detect Device” when I go into the device. When I select RFXTRX Settings I see the list of protocols selected/deselected correctly, but if I try to make any changes I get “ERROR: Device not ready”.
Finally had chance to spend some time with this. I have got it working again, by deleting the RFXTRX device and going through the set-up again. Interestingly, once I had done this, ALTUI started working again - this had also stopped responding.
I still seem to be gettin some LUUP restarts though - will keep an eye on this.
Now resolved this on the VERAPLUS, see that thread. Basically came down to the serial port config getting messed up in my case. Not sure how but it detected the RFXCOM on a second USB port (which does not exist physically…)