Vera EDGE / FIBARO / UI7 Battery Level problems

Hi,

I’ve got one fibaro smoke sensor up and running for a while now. in UI7 the battery level stay’s at 100% but it isn’t. I also got one fibaro 3in1 sensor. This one also having troubles giving a battery level update in UI7. I’ve already contacted support about this but without any help so far. Anyone any clue how to get the right information on my devices.

I’ve already deleted, unpaired en repaired both devices several times…

I have the exact same issue with my 3-in-1 sensor. I am now running 1.7.1089 on my Vera Edge. The firmware version before this had the same issue, I actually only thinks it worked in the version before that.

I’ve just noticed too that I haven’t battery level for the Fibaro 3-in-1 sensor (in UI and Variables).

Hmm, I am on the Vera Edge Firmware 1.7.1181 and the Fibaro 3 in 1 (Cat Eye) sensor it shows a battery and says 100%, it is new (about 2-3 weeks only), but not sure the battery level is accurate.

I know there is a newer version of this sensor mine shows as version:
In the Vera Variables tab, not sure if that is the older one or newer one.

Hi,

I have found the problem, i think.

Go to your motion Device>Advanced>New service (tab)

Add a new Service/Variable/Value. With the following values:
Service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1
Variable: BatteryLevel
Value: 100

Value: (Any date is fine ex: 1452035170)

Source: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPnP_Variables_and_Actions

Great info, I noticed the other day my Fibaro had no battery indication also, hadning thought what to do about it yet.

I’ve added the service as described and now show a level of 100%

Hopefully this will update and change once it polls a few times.

Cheers

[quote=“Ruudje007, post:5, topic:186419”]Hi,

I have found the problem, i think.

Source: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPnP_Variables_and_Actions[/quote]

Just a point, checked this morning and I have no battery indication, I looked this over and I’ve noticed an error with what you’ve written…

I think this should be;

Variable: BatteryDate

In addition to this, my Vera has battery problems with the Fibaro devices the other way around.

My battery level dropped significantly due to configuration errors. Now my battery level is 10% on a FGSD-002 Smoke Detector v2 from Fibaro.
I replaced the battery but it still shows 10%, no matter what I try. I have excluded and included the device, I have reset the variables and tried adding the above services.

Any ideas how to reset the battery level? I don’t trust the battery status anymore and am even doubting whether the previous battery was empty at all…

Hi all.

I realize that nothing has been posted for a while, but i have the same problem for at least several months. The sensor show a battery level of 100%. Didn’t pay much attention over summer, but since today the sensor is not responding anymore. I have tried to add the new service option, but still waiting for any response.
I believe that the battery to be empty, although it indicates 100% (less than a year old).

Hope anyone can help me.
Rgds Frans

Running VeraEdge version 1.7.3231
Fibaro Door/Window sensor FGK 101

Hi,

For me the battery level reporting is all over the place too. My Zwave-Me scene contrrollers (toggle switches) that are Z-wave always report 1% battery level for months even after battery replacement. Their z-wave plus version seems to do better. The Vision garage door tile sensor and door sensors are still at 100% after three years (and working). The EZmotion 3 in one motion sensor and Danfoss thermostats show what look to be a realistic battery level. All are set with a polling interval and wakeup interval, and I can see the BatteryDate being updated. So using any alert as an indication for replacement seems pretty useless.

No idea if I should blame Vera or the module makers. I do lean to the latter as Vera supposedly only is the display of what the module reports, but I could be oversimplifying.

Cheers Rene

Hi.

This morning i replaced the battery with the battery from another FGK101 sensor. Guess what, the sensor that showed 100% and from which i thought was empty, is now in the front-door sensor and shows 78%. Alternatively the battery from the front-door sensor is now in the backdoor and shows 96%. Both door sensors are working fine again.

Checked the initial battery date (bottom of device->advanced->variables page) for both batteries it shows the same date, which is Jan 05, 2016. Strange that both batteries show exactly the same date and time, but that could be correct. I purchased and installed the sensors this year January (2017).

I do wonder if my wake-up (3600) and polling times (10800) are set correct. Can you confirm?
Is there another way to manually poll the battery status?

Thanks Frans

Hi all.

I am again trying to fix the battery reporting issue and tried to add the command lines as previously mentioned in this post:

Variable: BatteryDate

I have done this, but don’t a see anything happening and the battery level isn’t reported right either.

Next i went to the section: advanced-> commands and clicked on “poll now” I received the message: ERROR: Node is not configured.
If i click on “configure now”, I receive ERROR: Unable to get any information on node.

With all of this, the node itself is working fine, reporting door open and close.
Can anyone suggest other things to try.

Thanks Frans

Hi Frans,

I think it is best to exclude the device from the controller, reset it to factory defaults, and re-include it. Things like battery level should be reported automatically. I do not think there is value in added them manually as they then would not be updated anyway.

Cheers Rene