Vera Concierge server 127.0.0.1

:~/VeraConcierge$ java -jar ConciergeServer.jar service Aug 31, 2017 7:40:24 PM V:ConciergeServer:main:Server:127.0.1.1:8989 Aug 31, 2017 7:40:24 PM V:VeraConnect.VeraConnection:GetVeraIDs:UI6-50009731

When I talk to Vera Concierge he says he is unable to get a configuration from my Vera - this sounds like it is connected

how do I set the right IP address?

It will not work with a loopback address:

See:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,48913.0.html

If this is linux … your machine needs a fixed address and that address needs to be in the /etc/hosts file.

Thanks

Yes this is an Ubuntu 16.04 nachine

So:

cd /etc/ Sudo nano hosts

Then change change the reference to your machine. My machine is called “Mother”

192.168.1.101  Mother

Where 192.168.1.101 is the ip address of your machine

Did this and now it works.

I have played a little with it and can get the system to make announcements to the Chromecast but I couldn’t get the system to turn on a light. It did say:

Dimmer:Porch light off in the room: Porch, what else?

BUT the light did not change

Thanks for posting this techstyle!

I’m trying to set this up on a Raspberry PI3, and was having no luck getting the conciergeserver to recognize the Google Home device due to the server being stuck on 127.0.1.1 loopback . Just configuring a static IP wasn’t sufficient, and as you have explained, updating the hosts file with the static IP & hostname did the trick!

@Richard - good stuff to include in the setup or diagnostic info.

Added advice to various config problems to the new “Connectivity” button on the Local Concierge Server (version 1.031)

Hi guys,

I’ve upgraded my debian system to 9 and now I get the loopback address. I’ve still have a static ip address and the ip address is still in the hosts file.

Any ideas?

See the notes:

Find your host name by typing:
hostname

Edit your /etc/hosts file … add a line:

Your.Static.IP.Address        YourHostName

Reboot.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:7, topic:197075”]See the notes:

Find your host name by typing:
hostname

Edit your /etc/hosts file … add a line:

Your.Static.IP.Address        YourHostName

Reboot.[/quote]

Yeah I was aware of this, but I overlooked a new line in the hosts file that was added by the upgrade. It is fixed now.

Thnx!

Hi Richard,

I have two Vera’s on the same network and obtains conductivity and the order doesn’t any ideas why?