Vera Concierge Android App

I have release an Android App that allows access to the Vera Concierge Google Action.
You can use this to access the same Google Home assistant while we wait for Google to support Google Actions based assistants on the Android version of Google Assistant.

On the phone you can activate (if you have enabled OK google)

OK Google start Vera Concierge

You can also launch it directly from the screen icon.

Setup is easy if you have already configured your Local Concierge Server … On Android just do a google login and you are ready to go.

The app has some additional features from the Google Assistant.

1. You can turn off the Text to Speech and only see the response on the screen.
  2. You can say “goodbye” to close the app.
  3. You can say “stop listening” if you want to keep the app open, but do not want to it to be continuously trying to understand what it hears.

Thanks for the Google app. It will be so nice to be able to check on my house when I’m away.
I downloaded the app but it won’t let me sign in.
When I click 'Sign in" it gives me a google sign in box.
I click my google email address (which is not my vera logiin) and the box goes away with no error message but I am NOT signed in.
When I exit the app, it crashes. I sent you a report, if that helps.
I’m using a Galaxy S7.

What does the TTS check box do? I turned it off but it didn’t make a difference.

Thanks again for Vera Concierge and the google app.

Thanks Richard.

Does this work if i am not at home?
So could i speak to Vera Concierge on my mobile when i am at work and action tasks at home with google home while i was out?

I’m not on Wifi, but 4G

I have installed the app without any issues.
But when i select “Sign in” select my account and nothing happens. It seems like its failing to log in my Google account. Is anyone else having these issues?

Thanks
Nick

Have you setup the Local Concierge Server ?
see http://VeraConcierge.com

Yes this will work even when you are not at home.

I’m having the same issue on s8 plus

[quote=“Jim McGhee, post:2, topic:196279”]Thanks for the Google app. It will be so nice to be able to check on my house when I’m away.
I downloaded the app but it won’t let me sign in.
When I click 'Sign in" it gives me a google sign in box.
I click my google email address (which is not my vera logiin) and the box goes away with no error message but I am NOT signed in.
When I exit the app, it crashes. I sent you a report, if that helps.
I’m using a Galaxy S7.

What does the TTS check box do? I turned it off but it didn’t make a difference.

Thanks again for Vera Concierge and the google app.[/quote]

Same issue as above on s8+. Concierge server up and running fine.

Try to kill the APP and restart it (after you have logged in and accepted the permissions.)
I did see a startup problem when I did a fresh install … and forgot to look into it. Never saw the problem again.

I’ve killed the app > restart. Same results. i can choose my google account. but the screen just flashes then nothing. the only thing i can do is click “sign in” again and choose an account.

I get the same error on my Nvidia shield tablet as well.
Tried uninstalling, reinstalling. allowing any permissions that pop up. Still can’t log in. only thing available is the “sign in” option (same as my S8 plus).

Anything else i can try?

[quote=“rockendoublez, post:9, topic:196279”]I’ve killed the app > restart. Same results. i can choose my google account. but the screen just flashes then nothing. the only thing i can do is click “sign in” again and choose an account.

I get the same error on my Nvidia shield tablet as well.
Tried uninstalling, reinstalling. allowing any permissions that pop up. Still can’t log in. only thing available is the “sign in” option (same as my S8 plus).

Anything else i can try?[/quote]
Also…
If I click my menu button the word ‘settings’ appears at the bottom of the screen but if I click it, it disappears and nothing else happens.
Hope this helps.

I didn’t do a settings tab … may be left over from the App template … I started with.

I will have to add settings and in particular an option for recording and mailing the log file so I can see what what the problem is.
The app is already instrumented … just no way to see it or get it to me.

But since you say you only ever see the “Sign In” button … that gives me things to look at.
Do you even get a pop that asks you to select your Google Account ?

Didn’t make any changes but it is working great now.
Just FYI.
Thanks,
Jim

Tried mine again this morning and it’s working perfectly :smiley:

It was a security certificate that needed to be updated from my development certificate to my commercial certificate.

Same. I am able to use the app!

Thanks Richard!

It seems This is no longer required on devices with Google assistant as it seems Google has enabled the action for mobile devices… But not yet for wear 2.0

Hi!
For some reason, Google won?t let me install the app on my cel phone… maybe a region lock (I’m in Brazil). Any way around this? Or would it be possible do download the apk directly?
Thank you!

Not really needed anymore … Since Google Assistant on androids can now access the Vera Concierge assistant.

Actually…
Google has seen fit to only release Google Assistant for newer phones (Upgrade incentive?). :frowning:
I tend to retask older stuff so I still have an s4 and an s5 in use and they can’t run GA.

In other words, please don’t abandon the Vera Concierge Android App! :cry:

And, thanks again for all your great work.

The app is still out there … and it’s pretty simple … so maintaining it should be easy.