Vera changing IP Address

Hi

My electrics tripped in my home and veralite was 192.168.1,101

My cctv web server was 192.168.1.103

After getting electrics back vera now is 192.168.1,103

Very strange. Any way of stopping this happening?

Rich

There are two ways.

1. Establish an address reservation on your DHCP server(router) for Vera.

2. Configure a static IP address on Vera. But, be sure that the static IP address is outside of the DHCP lease scope, or create an exclusion on the DHCP server so that it doesn’t lease a duplicate address.

Hi

I will look into it when i return home

What kind of router do you use at home? It will help one of us that have that model give you detail instructions.

I use Zentyal and DDWRT, so if anyone needs instructions to do that with either or those, I can provide them.

[quote=“gibby, post:4, topic:178771”]What kind of router do you use at home? It will help one of us that have that model give you detail instructions.

I use Zentyal and DDWRT, so if anyone needs instructions to do that with either or those, I can provide them.[/quote]

I am using a TP-link Router

This is for setting up a TP-Link camera to a TP-Link router and giving it a static IP, but it should work for you. http://www.tp-link.us/article/?id=330

Hi

This isnt possible doing it this as its asking to connect the IP camera to the router, I am unable to do this as its BNC connections on my camera running via the DVR.

It is only for reference on how to set a device to static IP in a TP-Link router. You need to find the MAC of your Vera and set it to a static IP on the TP-Link router. Ignore the camera parts in that article.

Ok no problem

My TP link is different from that setup but i will find the way to do it anyway. thanks for your help :slight_smile:

I searched TP-Link’s website for setting a device to a static IP in their router, and that was the only one that came up.