Vera and Vista 21ip alarm panel

Does Vera support ip communication with the Vista 21ip alarm panel? If so, what app controls it?

This might help
http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=6436

Thanks for the reply but I forgot to add something. I have a Vista 20p right now and using the AD2USB and EVL3. I was hoping that there was an app that would talk from Vera to 21ip without an interface. I wanted to remove the AD2USB and EVL3 out of the picture. Just wondering if the 21ip would be an upgrade regarding the interfacing with the Vera.

I haven’t used the 21ip, but the last I heard its IP interface was locked to the alarm company’s monitoring and was inaccessible to Vera. Unless something has changed recently, you still need to use either the AD2USB or the EVL3 with the 21ip for Vera integration.

You should probably take this thread to the Lock, Motion & Security Control sub, they may have more information.

I think z-wave are answered you main question, it doesn’t work. but any particular reason your trying to remove one network adapter for another? The EVL3 or 4 a problem?

Not having a problem, I just want to eliminate extra points of failure. Both AS2USB and EVL3 are great, but rely on the keypad protocol. I’ve had some issues if I leave a window open and the panel is not in ready mode, if another door is open, the interfaces sometimes will not report it to vera. When I close the window, it works fine. Also, the keypad interface has limited information. I would imagine the ip interface would be faster, reliable, more information and a little more secure.

Thieves have figured out that if they come in the front door there usually is a 30-60 second delay. In this time, they would find the keypad and short out the power thus killing the keypads, alarm panel and other devices. To get around this, I installed a fuse on the interface line that will blow if the keypad is shorted and protecting the alarm. The alarm would still function to call out and send an alert to vera but the keypads would be dead.

Both AS2USB and EVL3 are solving the main issue with interfacing with vera. When those panels were designed, home automation was not on their mind. I thought about making my own panel at one time with a web interface to configure but I have too many other projects keeping me busy. I wish I had a clone, I would get a lot more accomplished. :slight_smile:

[quote=“mrwildbob, post:6, topic:193406”]Not having a problem, I just want to eliminate extra points of failure. Both AS2USB and EVL3 are great, but rely on the keypad protocol. I’ve had some issues if I leave a window open and the panel is not in ready mode, if another door is open, the interfaces sometimes will not report it to vera. When I close the window, it works fine. Also, the keypad interface has limited information. I would imagine the ip interface would be faster, reliable, more information and a little more secure.

Thieves have figured out that if they come in the front door there usually is a 30-60 second delay. In this time, they would find the keypad and short out the power thus killing the keypads, alarm panel and other devices. To get around this, I installed a fuse on the interface line that will blow if the keypad is shorted and protecting the alarm. The alarm would still function to call out and send an alert to vera but the keypads would be dead.

Both AS2USB and EVL3 are solving the main issue with interfacing with vera. When those panels were designed, home automation was not on their mind. I thought about making my own panel at one time with a web interface to configure but I have too many other projects keeping me busy. I wish I had a clone, I would get a lot more accomplished. :)[/quote]

Eliminating the keypad is your best idea. I have only one keypad that is not installed in in the house. Home Automation takes car of more then the alarm keypad ever would. Alarm panels even a new one can’t do what a wall mounted tablet can do.

After having home Automation I’m not a big fan of thermostates, alarm panels or key hooks mounted on walls anymore. Those really can all be replaced by your smart phone or a single tablet wall mounted running something like Imperihome or Homewave.

I agree, that would be cool. I have 4 keypads right now. Mainly so I can hear when a zone chimes anywhere in the house. I like the phone notifications but there is too much delay, sometimes internet, sometimes vera, sometimes phone. I like fast and reliable systems. :slight_smile: I’ll look around the internet to see if anyone has opened up the 21ip.

How do you hear chimes on the keypads when you out of the house? That’s where phones comes into play. Wall Tablets can chime but they would be local so no internet. Upgrading 4 keypads for chimes around the house seems ineffective. And I have to be honest I don’t use chimes on the alarm panel due to always going off when I open a window or go inside or out. I’m cool with alarms as long as 99% of the time it’s only me or my family setting them off and i learn to ignore them. I do have motion alerts in front yard that only send alerts with a snap shot if non of us are home or if i have been home and no one has opened an exterior door for 10 min or so (meaning we haven’t just went outside to trip them).

I do get notifications on the spot if I’m in the tv room and someone walks up to the front door. imperihome switches to front door camera and alerts, but if we open the front door and walk out and hang out on the porch no notifications.

I think my hope was to know someone is walking up to the house before they actually get a chance to snoop around find an open window. I’ll probley have 5-6 alerts of motion around the front or back of the house before they even got in to actually set off the alarm. Auto lights on would also probley prevent most from continuing to go further.

I guess I focused more on preventing the break in or knowing earlier then after they are already in, which is where the alarm panel kicks in.