Vera Alerts pretty much doesn't work in Android 6 aka Marshmallow (Android doze)

(Android Doze is a terrible feature. Just absolutely terrible. If you want to say “not my bug/problem”, kind of understandable.)

Basically if the phone is in Android 6 doze, Vera Alerts and at least some other dependent service are shut down. Which makes no alerts come through.

If I disable doze for Vera Alerts, I’m still not getting alerts coming through. But if I physically nudge the phone (which disables the doze), alerts all come through at once.

Which means Vera Alerts is now useless when my phone sits on my desk.

Sigh.

Google Play Services are exempt from doze, and I suggest Vera Alerts is also made so that doze is simply disabled by default as well. And I’ve “disabled battery optimization” on Vera Alerts. But there is at least one other app/service I’m missing where doze needs to be disabled.

Ideas?

relevant: http://www.greenbot.com/article/2993199/android/how-to-turn-off-doze-mode-for-specific-apps-in-android-marshmallow.html

I will look into it.
There are some other changes Google made to GCM recently that I need to integrate with.

has anything been discovered with this issue?

i have made a discovery which may apply to others
my issue was actually not caused by doze or marshmallow
it was caused by qualcomm’s new gps function called “IZAT”
IZAT is meant to reduce battery usage and increase indoor accuracy
it does this by predicting location over time
the location itsself is quite accurate
unfortunately, most apps dont know how tomake use of it
found under enhanced location. In location by selecting mode
as soon as i disabled qualcomm IZAT
geolocation started working again

I also recently changed the Google Cloud messaging to use Priority when sending messages.
This is supposed to WAKE a phone to receive messages …

[quote=“charettepa, post:4, topic:190799”]i have made a discovery which may apply to others
my issue was actually not caused by doze or marshmallow
it was caused by qualcomm’s new gps function called “IZAT”
IZAT is meant to reduce battery usage and increase indoor accuracy
it does this by predicting location over time
the location itsself is quite accurate
unfortunately, most apps dont know how tomake use of it
found under enhanced location. In location by selecting mode
as soon as i disabled qualcomm IZAT
geolocation started working again[/quote]

You might want to post more info on your phone since this seems to be more device specific then anything. I don’t see this Option on my Samsung Note 5.

I have a one plus 2. However it will be found in any modern snapdragon processor. 810 or newer perhaps slightly older. It has nothing to do with the phone manufacturer and everything to do with the processor. Lookup Qualcomm izat. However your phone uses an exynos 7422.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk