Vera Alerts Plugin Version 2.2

1. Support for GCM (Google Cloud Messaging) and Local Area Network Wifi delivery to android client.
    At some point in time the previous Plugins will NO longer work!
    Upgrading should speed up notifications … the previous versions of the plugin are sending messages to a C2DM delivery agent … it fails there than forwards to the new GCM delivery agent. Upgrading to this version skips that step.
  2. Supports forwarding Notifications to other plugins (i.e. Push Notification, Sonos, Event2GCal, … )
  3. Add additional Template Expansion Context for Notifications.
  4. Modify Service Definition so VeraAlerts can be incorporated into: AutoHomation
  5. Bug fixes:
    Fix problem of single and double quotes in the notification name.
    Fix problem of invoking Text Templates form Control panel.

Details for the plugin can be found at:
[url=http://RTS-Services.com/Vera/Plugin/VeraAlerts]http://RTS-Services.com/Vera/Plugin/VeraAlerts[/url]

RichardTSchaefer: Thanks for writing this great app and plugin, I really appreciate.

Question:
I can’t seem to get the {timestamp} feature to work. My Android device is not permanently connected to the internet and once I connect, I get the alerts with the current Android time rather then the {timestamp}-time of when the alert occurred. The Alert Properties in your Android app shows “timestamp =” (i.e. empty).
In the configuration notification I entered (example): OnOutdoorGarageLight{timestamp}
Could you please point me into the right direction how to troubleshoot this?
(This is not new to this release. I wasn’t able to get this to work with your previous plug-in either.)

May I also suggest a possible future addition to your feature?
In addition of getting notifications “on the road”, I’d also like to use this as a history log. Would it be possible to simply write each of the notifications that would be send out into a text file? In the Advanced Tab you could have a variable called “LogFile”. If someone enters a filename and location (e.g. /dev/sda1/VeraAlerts.log), it would log, otherwise not.
Kinda like: echo {Message} >> /dev/sda1/VeraAlerts.log

Thanks.

VeraLite v.1.5.532, Vera Alerts Plugin v.2.2, VeraAlerts Android app 2.4

I’m having trouble getting the app registered. How do I get this app up and running?

How does this work with the SONOS plugin? Do you have an example of how to set this up?
Does it pause whats playing, save the playback info, and volume level, then restore?

[quote=“tobiwankenobi, post:2, topic:173913”]RichardTSchaefer: Thanks for writing this great app and plugin, I really appreciate.

Question:
I can’t seem to get the {timestamp} feature to work. My Android device is not permanently connected to the internet and once I connect, I get the alerts with the current Android time rather then the {timestamp}-time of when the alert occurred. The Alert Properties in your Android app shows “timestamp =” (i.e. empty).
In the configuration notification I entered (example): OnOutdoorGarageLight{timestamp}
Could you please point me into the right direction how to troubleshoot this?
(This is not new to this release. I wasn’t able to get this to work with your previous plug-in either.)[/quote]

+1

no timestamp showing for me either

Good day,

2 Weeks ago I installed the plugin and the veraalert version which was current at that time. I just saw there was an issue with the google push notification and I needed to upgrade. So I did , but I cannot get it to work now.

In de-installed the older plugin on my vera (2.2 I believe) and installed version 2.4
In de-installed veraalerts on my cellphone and installed also the latest version via playstore.
I deleted the only alert I had on a device (easy to start from scratch)

When I add a new notification from a device on the “device tap” I save it and open the “notification configuration” on the veraalerts plugin. But nothing show up at the "Name Description " as it used to do with the previous version.

I deinstalled the plugin and reinstalled it , just to be sure , but still the same :frowning: … what am I doing wrong :-s

Thanks,
Cor

@tobiwankenobi, @baxy_AU
I may have broke the {timestamp} when I introduced templates … I will look into that.

@dustinhunt78
I assume you are having trouble getting the Android App registered.
Please add more details to the Android App thread about what you have tried and what you are seeing or contact me directly.

@big517
If you can send me the LUUP code for sending a message to Sonos I will tell you how to set the parameters in Vera Alerts. And I will include it in the documentation.

@Cor
Google created a GCM (Google Cloud Messaging) gateway to replace (C2DM) Cloud to Device Messaging. They created this in July 2012, In January of 2012 they shut down our connection to C2DM. So I had to move … I had done the work … but it was part of the release I just made … I was forced to release early. In the forum thread that went along with the Android Client discussion it indicated that you needed to unregister (with C2DM) and register again (with GCM) to get your messages to work. Contact me directly and I will help.

@ RTS : thanks , PM has been send.

I think my Vera Alerts plugin on the vera updated to 2.2 last night. Seeing some problems today.

First the notifications seem to have stopped working. When I look at the Notification Configuration tab on the alerts device the message override table is gone. The headings are there but no table.

Alerts do go through if I use the Send Alerts tab. Takes a few minutes on when on wifi but I think that’s normal.

I configured a listener on the Android side (version 2.4) but I am not able to get the Mobile WiFi Access to work. I am using the HostName:Port as the recipient. But that’s just info. I wasn’t using that before obviously.

On the Android side it crashes a lot. I saw another post about a version 2.5 but I don’t see it on the Play store yet.

Biggest thing is the prior configured Vera Alerts notifications not working, and the table of alerts apparently missing from the Notification Configuration Tab. I have not tried deleting and reinstalling from scratch though that’s an option. Thought I would toss out a query first.

Thanks for your contributions!

David

It updated automatically! I came home yesterday to an updated Vera.

Now on to playing.

@ Dklinman,

Sounds like the same issue I had for the “Notification Configuration tab” , This was the reply from Richard:

On the Settings page toggle both the Process Notification and Internal Alerts at least once … then leave them as you like …

Should work then.

And it worked for me

good luck,
Cor

Folks,
I am sorry about the Startup problem … needing to toggle the Process Notification and Internal Alerts at least once … this was a bug in the previous version … that I forgot to fix … because I didn’t write it down … I will fix for next version!!!

@S-F
That’s amazing … I did not think the Auto-Update works!

@dklinkman
You can only use Hostname:Port if you have a DNS server to provide the IP address for your android. Not sure if your router does this. If you go to the Settings tab for the Android … while the WiFi is enabled it will show you your current WiFi IP address.
You will want to reserve the IP address in your router so that it is always the same.

Thanks for the tip. So I tried it. I get immediate alerts when I toggle the Internal Alerts on. So I know that delivery channel is working. But I still have no table on the Notification Configuration tab. Had about 10 entries there before I think. About 3 or 4 had overrides entered.

I also tried toggling some notifications on and off, and deleting and recreating a notification. No luck there either. Table still not there.

David

Richard, My mistake, I actually did use IP Address:port, I cut and pasted Hostname:port from the dialog by mistake.

I’ll try it again. I was using 192.168.1.53:10053 as the recipient

Look at your log when you send an alert … Send anything interesting to me.

Open this first:
[url=http://YourVeraIPAddress/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP]http://YourVeraIPAddress/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP[/url]

Then send an a VeraAlert to your phone using the IPAddress:Port recipient.

Success!! I think. The table under the Notification Configuration tab does appear if I toggle the Process Notifications option on and leave it on. After saving I tested the notifications via a sensor trip and the notification came through!! Still fiddling with the WiFi delivery. Still doesn’t appear to be working but 80% chance it’s just me screwing it up somehow.

The WiFi delivery is working now. So it was either me or something to do with the other problem. This is from the log:

50 01/12/13 11:35:07.185 luup_log:16: VeraAlert:16:Msg::test <0x3055d680>
50 01/12/13 11:35:07.561 luup_log:16: VeraAlert:16:SendAlert:Return:200 LEAK this:4096 start:1830912 to 0x15af000 <0x3055d680>
50 01/12/13 11:35:07.656 luup_log:16: VeraAlert:16:SendAlert:LAN: Target:192.168.1.53:1053 Msg:test LEAK this:8192 start:1839104 to 0x15b1000 <0x305
5d680>

Should LEAK be considered something interesting?

__LEAK__ be considered something interesting?
This is not from my plugin ... at least directly ... There are things I see in the log files that I pretend not to see ... I sleep better that way ;)

Once I installed the app on my android phone, I then installed the plug in on my Vera 3. I then went into the plug-in and entered the code that it gave me to link it to my android phone. I then enabled “Process Notifications” and “Internal Alerts”. That’s all that I know to do.
Whenever I go to the app in my phone, I just get a white screen with "Vera Alerts (Not registered) at the top. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! :slight_smile:

[quote=“dustinhunt78, post:19, topic:173913”]Once I installed the app on my android phone, I then installed the plug in on my Vera 3. I then went into the plug-in and entered the code that it gave me to link it to my android phone. I then enabled “Process Notifications” and “Internal Alerts”. That’s all that I know to do.
Whenever I go to the app in my phone, I just get a white screen with "Vera Alerts (Not registered) at the top. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! :)[/quote]

Under settings for the Android app you must hit “register”.