Vera Alert repeating TTS messages 3-5 times

Over the last 4 months I have TTS messages repeating. When I send a Vera Alert TTS prompt via LUP code to any Android device it repeats randomly between 3-5 times for each TTS message. This is happening on all Vera’s not just one and all of my various Android devices.
Tried deleting the Android app and reinstalling them but this did not fix the issue. Interesting that this is happening on one Vera 2 and two Vera 3’s.
You can see each message on the Vera Alert main screen repeating within a second of each other.
Haven’t found a solution yet. Anyone experienced this problem before? (Message repeat count option is set to 0)

It’s probably NOT Vera alerts … it’s probably how many times your notifications are called … Have you checked our Vera Logs ?

I’ll do that the next time I’m at the location where my Vera’s are.

I have the same issue, it started few weeks ago - I never had an issue with duplicate alerts

regards
Harry

What type of device is sending the alert ?
What UI Version ?

I use UI5 - on two Vera3 - Home and vacation home - not all messages are double or triple and it does not happen everyday. Let me know how i can help you troubleshoot the issue. I look at forums and somebody suggested unregistering and registering again - i did that but it did not help.

The devices sending the multiple alerts are Insteon IO Linc connected to the garage doors and the magnetic sensors on a GE Alarm connect using the GE plugin - i also have Zwave Kwiset locks that sometime they also report duplicates.

regards
Harry

Turn on Vera Debug (in settings) … then save/reload.

Then look that the LOG when you get a double repeat

You can monitor your Log with:
http://Your.Vera.IP.Address/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

If you see One call to Vera Alerts and multiple messages logged … it’s a Vera Alerts problem.
If you see multiple calls to Vera Alerts … then the problem is the device is sending multiple notifications.

If you want me to look over the log … post it here … make sure you have at least a couple of minutes of data before and after the event.

Richard, Here are some logs

couple interesting things
I think i only see one call for the message
I never receive the PIN Code message @ 15:45
15:45:19.058 luup_log:203: VeraAlert:203:SendAlert:Msg:PIN Code entered on Garage Door Lock <0x2b82c000>

I will send logs and screen capture by PM because they are too big

Vera has notified of event for each of these messages. So it’s not a problem in Vera Alerts.

This seems to be a problem with device.

You can use things like PLEG to debounce these alerts.
See: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,25900.msg184312.html#msg184312