Vera 7.31 Core Firmware BETA Release

Seems like an RMA process has begun after all.
I bett that @Sorin had something to do with this. If that is the case, then I’m grateful for your intervention.

8 Likes

Let’s hope this has been just a misunderstanding, somewhere… nothing else :wink:

2 Likes

Everything working pretty nice here on 7.31 except cameras, as others have noted.

I see a lot of lines like this in the LuaUPnP.log :

luvd_get_info mg conn can't read /etc/cmh-ludl//data_request91&res=low or /etc/cmh-lu//data_request91&res=low from filename /data_request91&res=low pPtrFile (null) <0x6e8cb520>

I’m no expert, but I’m thinking the URL should have read more like:

/data_request?id=request_image&cam=91&res=low

Updated my main unit as well a few days ago, and it works very well! Some Z-Wave lag i have disappeared, and it hasn’t had a single luup reload since then… 7.30 beta was also stable in this respect, but it seems that 7.31 did something good to my z-wave network at least.
I have some z-wave units that are enabled by 433 buttons (using reactor), and they changed from up to a second lag to instant reaction.

You’re getiing there, EZlo crew! fix the Geofencing on iPhone as well, and i’ll be happy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

More than 2 weeks without Xmas light, hooray! :smile: I’m almost happy now, it’s stable as never before, thank you EZlo and rafale77. I have almost all light sensors on direct associations and others that not always fires up immediately, i have more than 230 nodes already.
By the way, in russian the word “Zlo” means “Evil”, so “EZlo” means “Electronic Evil” :smile: :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Cameras will be fixed in the public release.

I hope not. Some old habits die hard. You should fix it on the next beta. Get it validated by a restricted beta test audience before thinking about having a public release. Who knows what surprises you are cooking with the changes you making? The breaking of the camera was not intended on this beta was it?

10 Likes

I really hope you mean “Cameras will be fixed before the public release” :unamused:

3 Likes

This! Have Vera not learned from the 7.30 CatastroFcuk?

2 Likes

My bad and a hasty wording, this will be fixed before the public release and as far as I know another beta is on its way.

9 Likes

Thank you!!! Phewww! Don’t know what would happen without you @Sorin .

4 Likes

@Sorin can you please make sure the App Store auto-update flag is respected in the next beta?

I had it off for the Netatmo plugin and my working version was overwritten by a flawed newer version despite auto-update being turned off for that plugin.

Inquiring about this… standby

2 Likes

It would also be great if the “replace this device” option that was broken in 7.29 would also be fixed. So you don’t have to redo all your scenes when a device goes bad.

Correct, of course. But just FYI, if you have an immediate need, there were a couple of different workarounds to keep your scenes sane discussed recently here: "Replace failed" no longer working - General Vera Discussions - Ezlo Community

In particular:

@Sorin I think there is an issue since 7.30 and getting worse in 7.31 with Vera randomly not changing device states when instructed.

Conversation is below - I’ve seen it on WiFi and Z-Wave devices multiple times now and I’m managing to capture some of them when I have time.

@dJOS
It sound to me like your controller is out of memory from time to time.
The typical sumptoms of this is actions not executed and you cant install anything, but after a reboot it works again for some time.

Are you tracking the available and free memory in any way?

1 Like

I have sysmon installed and it didn’t indicate any memory issues.

I’m trying to determine whether I should manually install this beta or not. Is there an ETA for release to production?

1 Like

Same question. I don’t really want to test beta software in production (especially if reports that bricked units won’t be replaced are correct), but I have two (out of 7) devices (all at remote properties) that I had previously upgraded to 7.30 and are currently nonresponsive (presumably displaying Christmas lights? I haven’t been out to check) and I really need a stable firmware ASAP!