Vera 7.31 Core Firmware BETA Release

Yes it is faster than 7.29 on my Edge with only a few devices. I have not tested it on my production Vera+ with a large number of devices, I will wait until the official release.

Happy New Year / God Fortsättning
/ Mats

That accounts for a lot! I wondered why this suddenly popped into view!

C

Smooth upgrade, no issues during or after the upgrade. Well done!

edit: while checking my logs I noticed the usb device was not connected anymore. I’am not sure whether it was connected before the upgrade, maybe something to check while upgrading. Well the connect works and it runs fine again.

I am exploring the community pages (and other parts of the Vera website) and ran across this thread. Is there a basic explanation of how to determine what firmware is on my Vera Plus? I looked on mine and it bears no resemblance to 7.31, which tells me this thread is not applicable to my unit, though I see it noted in the first post. Any tutorial video or wiki type page is appreciated.

Goto Settings-Firmware and it should state something like this:
Checking if there is a newer firmware version available
You are running the latest version 1.7.4902 (7.31)

… or another version of the firmware (probably 7.29 for the Vera Plus which is the latest official release). The 7.31 is just on Beta so wait for it to be released and you will be notified by your unit.

Vera’s firmware numbering can be confusing. This is the general 7.31 beta, which has three platform-specific versions:

Vera Edge : 1.7.4902
Vera Plus 1.7.4903
Vera Secure1.7.4905

Upgraded the test V+ and Edge. No upgrade issues and everything seems fine. I’m going to let things settle before I start testing for Xmas lights, etc.

No - it did not. On the firmware tab the current version on my VP is 1.7.4833 (7.30)

I am Weak today so upgraded from 7:29 to 7:31 on Vera Plus. Upgrade went flawless… :)…

Now hard testing!

/mattias

1 Like

OK, on the V+ test box, cameras no longer show a live view. The small and large thumbnails work, but clicking the image to go into live mode results in a blank (grayed-out) view. This worked fine on 7.30. There are two cameras from different vendors and the behavior is identical.

The cameras on this unit are for testing only. I use a dedicated NVR for the “real” video system.

I can confirm that camera issue to!
/M

I can confirm this for earlier FW issues to, my 7.29 on V+ behaves the same way so it’s probably not related to the upgrade

I don’t use cameras w/Vera (likely same reasons you don’t), but one thing jumps to mind… ad blockers?

The cameras worked fine under all versions prior to the 7.31 upgrade.

Cameras working fine on 7.30

3 Foscam and and something else that I can’t recall

C

Good thought, but I’ve checked on Chrome (my normal browser with ad blockers that whitelist Vera) and ad-blocker free Edge and Firefox. There are no ad blockers installed on either of the later (unless there’s something built in) so I don’t think that’s the problem. I have the cameras on the test V+ so I can do a better job of beta testing. These are direct connections on the LAN, BTW. I almost never use the Vera gateway.

Same here with Chromium. unchecked all ad blockers but still a grey view (stating not connetced). But it works in small and medium view. But, as said, it has been like this for long, since before 7.29. (I have a D-Link camera)

Thanks. I think I will wait for the official release, although I really need the lock fix (about the pin codes not showing) patched on the last FW… But glad to see it is nearer…

Thanks to all who are testing and for engineering for providing a fix. After the last I think I’ll wait a little while even after the final release to install.

1 Like

I am not a Beta Tester but Happy to see 7.31 should be released soon. Things get Heated from Time to Time, But at least we are moving forward. Just wanted to Thank all the Beta Tester, Contributors & Vera Team. For me and a few friends this is still the most Economical & most Bang for the Buck
Thanks again & looking forward to the Future.

4 Likes