Vera 3 & Marmitek X10 CM15Pro

I’ve spent a long time looking at the forum testing various pieces of advice trying to work out what I need to do to get a Marmitek X10 CM15Pro linked over USB to a Vera 3.

I don’t really want to have to have mochad running on another device?

Is there a simple set of instructions in one place on how to do it?

Thanks

Hello and welcome.

You may wish to look at the thread below.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10817.msg75855.html#msg75855

Other option would be to also look externally at RFXCOM and their RF devices. Noting there is a difference between EU and US frequencies.

thanks for the response.

This is exactly what has been confusing me, the CM15 only has a USB interface and my Vera 3 only has USB but all the discussion is around USB-Serial adaptors.

Has no-one linked the two devices together yet?

As far as I am aware the CM15 contains the USB to serial internally and therefore, it is same process as described in the other thread.

Two things I recommend. Give it a go, plug the CM15 into your Vera and follow the instruction as for the CM11.

Once you have tested this post any follow up question and responses on the other thread as this helps others that may venture into the same territory and will no doubt be asking the same questions.

Also, if I remember correctly the cm15 has been successfully implemented. Look for posts around start/mid of Jun 2012.

thanks for the reply, I will have a go and see where I get to.

I’m still trying to get the CM15 working with Vera 3.

If I SSH onto the vera and run dmesg as per many of the threads I end up with a diff of:

@@ -275,3 +275,4 @@
device wlan0 entered promiscuous mode
br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entering forwarding state
br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entering forwarding state
+usb 2-1: new low speed USB device using rt3883-ohci and address 3

This is nothing like any of the other results in the other posts so I don’t know what to put into serproxy.ports file.

if I run lsusb before and after plugging the unit in the diff is:
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0bc7:0001

Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

I do not have the equipment or current access to my system due my work commitments. Now there is another thread http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=10593 which also address the X10 and Vera. The CM15a should be recognised automatically but Vera needs to be restarted after changes plug/unplug USB devices are made. Hopefully I will get some time over the weekend to catch up with doing something with my Vera.

I’ve continued trying to work out what is wrong. I’ve followed the instructions so many times I’ve lost count. Nothing I’ve done gets the CM15 to be visible in serial port configuration.

The CM15 works fine when connected directly to a PC or in standalone mode.

Is there something wrong with my vera build ? (I’m running 1.5.408 )

Others have reported this working but Vera can also be very sensitive with USB connections.

I have given up trying to get this interface working so I have ordered a Raspberry PI and am going to try to use mochad.

Thank you for your help, it is certainly very fussy with USB.