VariablesSet for Setting Configuration Variables in MIMOlite

I need to use luup code to modify the MIMOlite configuration variable 11, which changes the duration of the relay momentary output ON time.

I’ve tried ‘luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1’, ‘VariablesSet’, { ??? }, <device#>)’ but can’t seem to get the syntax right, and of course no success in changing the MIMOlite configuration variable.

Has anyone had success using VariablesSet to change a device’s configuration, and if so how is it done? Is there a better method?

Thanks in advance!
Don

[quote=“dcarrington, post:1, topic:181424”]I need to use luup code to modify the MIMOlite configuration variable 11, which changes the duration of the relay momentary output ON time.

I’ve tried ‘luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1’, ‘VariablesSet’, { ??? }, <device#>)’ but can’t seem to get the syntax right, and of course no success in changing the MIMOlite configuration variable.

Has anyone had success using VariablesSet to change a device’s configuration, and if so how is it done? Is there a better method?

Thanks in advance!
Don[/quote]

You can’t do it on the device’s advanced tab?

We usually change a device’s configuration variables on its Device Options tab. Click Add configuration settings to get a new entry then set the Variable field to the required number - 11 in your case. Set Data Size to that required for the variable (usually shown in the instructions) and enter your new value in Desired Value.

Close the device tile, click Vera’s SAVE button and then refresh your browser page to complete the operation.

Yes, I can change configuration variables on the Device Options tab, however what I’m attempting to accomplish is to open the garage door only part way, specifically about 6 inches or so to allow our cats to enter/exit and certain times of the day/night.

I have built an electronic circuit connected to the MIMOlite relay output, that outputs a 200ms pulse when the MIMOlite relay closes and another 200ms pulse when it opens, thus a pulse is output to the garage door open/close input with each change of the relay contacts. With our garage door this takes about 1.2 seconds, which means a 200ms pulse is applied when the relay closes and another when it opens, exactly 1.2 seconds apart.

A tilt sensor reports when the door is open part way (6 inches or so). I would like for the tilt sensor to use PLEG to change the time to 100ms so that when I want to close the door, the relay opens and closes quickly so the garage door open/close input only sees one pulse. This prevents the door from starting to close and then, as it would do when opening, reverse it’s direction.

This may not be completely clear – not sure I’ve explained this well. Let me know if I need to clarify anything and what needs further explanation.

BTW BulldogLowell, these parameters are only available as a Device Option – not on Advanced tab.

Thanks much!!!

[quote=“dcarrington, post:4, topic:181424”]Yes, I can change configuration variables on the Device Options tab, however what I’m attempting to accomplish is to open the garage door only part way, specifically about 6 inches or so to allow our cats to enter/exit and certain times of the day/night.

I have built an electronic circuit connected to the MIMOlite relay output, that outputs a 200ms pulse when the MIMOlite relay closes and another 200ms pulse when it opens, thus a pulse is output to the garage door open/close input with each change of the relay contacts. With our garage door this takes about 1.2 seconds, which means a 200ms pulse is applied when the relay closes and another when it opens, exactly 1.2 seconds apart.

A tilt sensor reports when the door is open part way (6 inches or so). I would like for the tilt sensor to use PLEG to change the time to 100ms so that when I want to close the door, the relay opens and closes quickly so the garage door open/close input only sees one pulse. This prevents the door from starting to close and then, as it would do when opening, reverse it’s direction.

This may not be completely clear – not sure I’ve explained this well. Let me know if I need to clarify anything and what needs further explanation.

BTW BulldogLowell, these parameters are only available as a Device Option – not on Advanced tab.

Thanks much!!![/quote]

Noted and sorry about that, as soon as Rex posted i realized the error. I have made a few mistakes from time to time. Rex clears the Vera ones up, my wife clears up the rest!

I’m glad to see you have it understood, despite my failed attempts to assist. :frowning:

your problem isn’t an easy one. I might try to use Garage Door to open/close the door and a scene with some Lua attached to pulse the door briefly to leave it ajar for your moggies.

your short time interval lends itself to explore the lua option first. for that you have Rex, the expert at lua and the luup extension.

It doesn’t sound like a very robust solution. Personally I would strive for something that did not depend on configuring Z-Wave nodes on-the-fly. If you want to try it, here’s the Lua for sending a new configuration value:

luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='<ID>',Data='112 4 <Param> 1 <Value>'},1)

Replace with the Z-Wave node ID, with the parameter number and with the new value (all without the <>).

Thanks Rex, Bulldog!

Rex, I will give your code a try.

If changing device configuration variables “on-the-fly” makes it less robust, that’ll have to do for now. We’re going out-of-town for a family wedding and just trying to get all in order before leaving. I’m assuming that you’re considering changing device configuration variables to be less robust because they are probably stored in non-volatile EEPROM?

Rex, Bulldog, (or whomever), do you have any suggestions for a better solution? My original intent was to use the MIMO (not MIMOlite) which has two relay outputs and use one for open and the other for close, but it’s not yet available. Through experimentation I’ve learned the door consistently opens the right distance when the open/close input is pulsed properly and consistently.

A more robust solution might be to install a magnetic door sensor at the desired part way open level and use that to interrupt the upward door motion. However, that would require pulling wire through an outside wall and between lower and upper floors which could be challenging. There are already wires there that could be used to pull new wiring in, assuming one doesn’t encounter any “hang-ups.”

Any and all ideas are welcome. I’ll have more time to give this in a couple of weeks.
Don

I attempted to change the device configuration variables using the following code as suggested by Rex:

luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘23’,Data=‘112 4 11 1 12’},1)
In the above, Node=23 is the altid of the device. I also tried Node=79 which is the id of the device; unfortunately, neither worked.

Any idea of what I’m doing wrong?