VA versions and updates?

My VP is currently on 1786 and I am researching before going to 2044. Many failure stories, along with one thread (below) in this sub-forum re a MCV bug revealed by the upgrade are giving me pause.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38716.0.html

In April this year, I received an email from RTS advising that VA, PLEG, etc. are being revamped. Although on UI7, I decided to disable auto update until I am notified that things are stabilized. I have not done anything with Vera since that time. Things have just been humming along.

Today, when I went to check on app versions, I noticed that all the apps have “Auto Update” checked, including those by RTS (that I disabled auto update back in April. I have no idea why.

Currently, PLC is on 8.16, PLEG 8.11, and VA 7.13.

I read in the above thread that there is a VA version 8.x? Should I update? Should I update the apps before updating the firmware to 2044?

Thanks!

VA 7.x is the latest series.

There are 2 MCV bugs saving Notification changes. (Previously saved data works fine!)

1. Some special characters (non character or numbers) are lost. A single quote causes problems.
  2. Save in general has a problem. Create a dummy Vera Scene will flush the changes.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:2, topic:193359”]VA 7.x is the latest series.

There are 2 MCV bugs saving Notification changes. (Previously saved data works fine!)

1. Some special characters (non character or numbers) are lost. A single quote causes problems.
  2. Save in general has a problem. Create a dummy Vera Scene will flush the changes.[/quote]

Did these bugs surface after 1786?

These are both related to the latest MCV commercial release.