V2.0 available in the App Store

Looks like it’s broken. I’ll look into it.

Vera does not report weather conditions to HomeWave. The app gets weather info from OpenWeathermaps.org (including the icons). If the values are really off, check the weather control properties. The location (city) will have been copied from your Vera, but it may be necessary to add your country code to the location (separated by a comma)

Vera does not report weather conditions to HomeWave. The app gets weather info from OpenWeathermaps.org (including the icons). If the values are really off, check the weather control properties. The location (city) will have been copied from your Vera, but it may be necessary to add your country code to the location (separated by a comma)[/quote]

ok tnks

Update fixed my connectivity issues with Vera Edge. Thanks for making this spouse-friendly again!

I have a problem with the widgets in the v2.0 and with IOS 9 Beta 3. I can define the controls in the widget, but nothing happens when I press the buttons. They work in HomeWave however.

I think the small indicator (looks like a rectangular LED, like in the on/off switches) will show up when you change the “Off” color from transparent to something else.[/quote]
If I change the OFF color to red, the small indicator shows up as red… whether the lights are ON or OFF. I’ve tried every dim level up to 100%, and the small indicator is still red. This is with an ON color of green.

One difference I see in the control properties between dimmers and relay switches is that with switches, there’s a “Draw ring when on” as well as a “Draw ring when off.”

In the attachment, “Kitchen Lights” is a dimmer, and “Cabinet Lights” is a switch. Kitchen lights are 100% on. “Kitchen Lights” has green color when on, red color when off. “Cabinet Lights” has green color when on, transparent when off.

Quick thing:
How do i do that via the “url-function”

curl --user foo:bar --header 'Content-Type: application/json' --data-binary ' 
 "id": 1, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": { "addon 
d": "script.securitycam" } }' 'http://172.16.67.25:8080/jsonrpc' > /dev/null

[quote=“intveltr, post:18, topic:188403”]Direct streaming from local cameras is currently being looked into, but there are some tricky bits to figure out.

MJPEG streaming shouldn’t be much of an issue, but all RTSP libraries for iOS I have found are either proprietary (and expensive) ones, or licensed under the LGPL which precludes distribution through Apple’s App store. It’s a legal technicality that may not even be intentional on part of the authors of the license, but almost all experts agree that the restriction does apply.[/quote]
For me this would be a dealbreaker since with MJPEG there’s only limited resolution.
Release as in-app purchase maybe? ???

Yeah, MJPEG isn’t that great. I’ll keep hunting around for an RTSP library (the main thing missing is the video decoding library) under a usable license (Apache, MIT, or LGPL with a relinking waiver). Commercial 3rd party libraries start at about $400. An in-app purchase option might recover that money, however adding in-app purchasing takes away a lot of the “shop window appeal” of the app so I am very hesitant to do that.

I’m following along on these ideas and also willing for in app purchase for RTSP. MJPEG would atleast be better then nothing for now.

I’d be willing to do an in-app purchase for this functionality as well.

Question about the new webtile option. PropertyWebUrl; what should i fill in here?
It seems to expect a ‘file://’ like input. (i was trying to load a (http) MJPEG stream (which opens in Mobile Safari)).

MJPEG would also work with blue iris, making any camera usable.

+1 for MJPEG please!

I can see how that would be true. The “in-app purchases” text in the App Store has dissuaded me from a couple of purchases, but those were for apps with which I had a lot less familiarity before installing. Meaning… I think… as long as it’s clear what the in-app purchases were before buying (from the forums, or elsewhere), maybe it wouldn’t impact sales as much. Who buys HomeWave as a drive-by, uh, buy? I don’t know about most people, but I sought it out specifically after reading about it in-depth. Maybe I’m in the minority.

Hi intveltr,

do you think will be possible to have a standard HW configuration that I can adapt to different installation of VeraEdge in different sites. I’d like to use the same configuration and adapt it to a specific controller changing only the device_ids.

This can be useful also in a situation where I must exclude and re-include a device in the same installation without redefine the control in HW.

tnks

donato

Can you provide step by step instruction for adding time / weather / icon?

I can add the new time / weather but when linking all I have is my vera (plus other home rooms / scenes I sat up) to choose. When I select that (vera) all I get is the current time. What I’m asking is how do I link weather / time to the URL you listed as OpenWeathermaps.com?

Add the control, open its properties, and change the “info to show” to Weather. Make sure the right city is set and add your country code, separated by a comma eg: Detroit,US

That did it thanks…

I love this latest update, and thank you for all the hard work you have put in.

I have a question, however. When I have a dimmer module, configured to display as a horizontal slider, it would be REALLY useful if:

• the “knob” of the slider could change colour as soon as the lamp is “on” (regardless of % on). This would make it easy to see whether any lights are on at a glance. At the moment, the knob colour is as per the “Off (0%) Color” option, and this never seems to change, even when at 100%.
  • the bar on which the “knob” slides on could have it’s “on” colour (ie, to the left of the knob) be customisable. This is a similar request to the above point, and this is only a secondary option in my mind. But it might be nice to be able to configure the colour of the bar at the very least, because at the moment it’s blue, and only blue (so far as I can see).

I accept this functionality might already be implemented, but I’ve not come across the relevant options yet. But if the first of my two suggestions could be implemented, it would make the dimmer controls REALLY good, rather than just damned good! :slight_smile:

Ian

I’ve defined in my HW two remote Veraedge working ok for some days. Since last day HW doesn’t connect the remote VeraEdge anymore if I’m using the mobile network. When I am at home and wifi is active HW connect the remote VeraEdge.

From the PC UI7 interface the login is workin well.

Have you any idea ?

tnks

donato