V2.0 available in the App Store

Most changes are under the hood, but there are a few new options to customise the appearance, as well as a fair few bug fixes. The new icon set wasn’t delivered on time unfortunately.

• New control for displaying local time and weather
  • New ?Web view? control, displays the contents of a web site.
  • GUI redesign / restyling
  • New options for visual elements:
  • ? A new Thin style is available for most controls, with an iOS 7 like appearance
  • ? Font face and size can be selected for the app.
  • ? Scene controls can now have a separate image for the ?scene active? state.
  • ? The color of images in controls can be adjusted.
  • ? Images in controls can be clipped to the shape of the button, using the ?draw as icon? option. This allows images to be used as button textures. A few new textures have been added to the built-in set of images.
  • Fixes:
  • ? ?Small indicator? option now also available for dimmers
  • ? Screen Background images no longer disappear when restarting the app.
  • ? Fixed issue with some icons and images disappearing when the app restarts
  • ? ?Vary color with dim level? function for dimmers works again
  • ? Fixed issue with HomeWave not reconnecting remotely to UI7 Veras after suspending and reopening the app
  • ? Dimmers now remember the last light level correctly, even when the app is shut down.
  • ? Fixed crash related to Thermostats in UI6 / UI7.
  • ? The Action button now properly handles spaces in URLs or Vera commands
  • ? Using a Rose control (Alarm panels / Hue color preset) no longer causes a crash in iOS5
  • ? The Multi Value control now displays the status of Plant Link sensors correctly.

Really like the thin style controls!

Still looking at the other new features… Thanks for keeping the app up to date :slight_smile:

Any update on adding a IP cameras directly to HomeWave?

How to
“Font face and size can be selected for the app. Size can be adjusted for individual controls as well.”???

Love it! Thin style looks great. I came here this morning to post my experience, and found this thread…

I have some small issues. If I modify the control properties for any thermostat control other than setpoint, the display goes blank until I close HomeWave fully and restart. It’s happened a few times on a few different screens with a few different controls (see Thermostat Issue.png).

“Small Indicator” still doesn’t seem to work for dimmers. I think I’ve configured it correctly (see Small Indicator.png). When I tap the control, I can see a small grey indicator, but only while I’m tapping the control. As I was modifying each dimmer control, I noticed it was adding a black dimming bar to show 0% light level, which was a little annoying… but that went away upon restart (see Light Level Bars.png). There is no longer any indicator to show which control is a dimmer vs. a switch, but I can probably configure something and just haven’t played with it enough. Also in Light Level Bars.png, I’ve modified top to bottom, left to right, everything up to the Bedroom Reading light. You can see everything down and to the right still has the old blue arrows to show it’s a dimmer. I think it looks cleaner now, and I don’t think it’s necessary to put them back, but I’ll have to figure a way to cleanly show which ones are dimmers.

One thing I noticed this morning (that I really could have figured out anytime) was that if I change my “Text shown when On” and “Text shown when Off” text to all caps for my buttons is way more visible (see Sleep Mode ON.png). That’s great for configurable buttons, but for things like alarm states or thermostat modes, I can’t change that text. It’d be nice to be able to select All Caps in the control properties for these controls. Definitely not a must-have.

The settings menu looks great! I like the new icons, very clean. I don’t anticipate ever having to change fonts, but it’s nice to know it’s there if I want to. The app generally seems to connect to WiFi faster. Nice job!

Some controls do get reset and lose their information when you mess with their properties. A quick way to get them back is to tap the wifi/cloud indicator in the title bar to reconnect to Vera.

Hwow to change font size?

Settings->general->Font.

@intveltr - Might it be easy to add a “Refresh” field to the html control that we can set to the number of seconds to automatically refresh the web page while the control is displayed (if it is not set to zero)?

That way we could put a “1” in the field and it could refresh a camera snapshot every second directly from the camera. Thanks !

Thanks, but i need increase size for only few controls, not for all. How?

Absolutely awesome new version!

one question remains… different audio notifications for various types of activities (e.g. Alarm, versus regularo notification etc)
would that be possible?

Cheers!

Thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

Can’t seem to get the ‘Reset Control Dimensions’ Button to work though. Not sure if its just me but was working fine last version.

Cheers

Hi intveltr,

I noticed that in the Weather control the info displayed isn’t sync with that displayed in the UI7 interface, in particular the icon relative at the weather and the temperature .

tnks

donato

Right, I may have forgotten to put in that feature :stuck_out_tongue: The code is in place, just need to add the font size as a configurable parameter to the control properties.

[quote=“roel.snoek, post:11, topic:188403”]one question remains… different audio notifications for various types of activities (e.g. Alarm, versus regularo notification etc)
would that be possible?[/quote]

There are new sounds! I forgot to mention them in the change notes.
You can check the available sounds in Settings->Files->Notification Sounds. Selecting a sound is done from your Vera; you can use different sounds for different events if you want.

look here for more info on how to use these sounds: http://www.intvelt.com/wordpress/push-notifications/

Any comment on the “small indicator” issue for dimmer controls?

Hi,

Great work on the Homewave app, I really like it. Only app I ever bought ;D
Just 1 missing feature is keeping me from mounting my iPad to the wall. I own lots of Hikvision camera’s, for which I use a Synology to record. Frankly, the Vera’s options are just to limited. (I don’t want poststamp sized jpg’s, I want a solid 25fps 1080p stream). Also, I don’t want to burden the Synology, nor the Vera with live feed’s, when my camera’s are the direct source.

If the Homewave app could support RTSP stream’s nearly every camera could be added, in beautiful quality. This would make my (and i’m sure many other’s) day! ;D

Direct streaming from local cameras is currently being looked into, but there are some tricky bits to figure out.

MJPEG streaming shouldn’t be much of an issue, but all RTSP libraries for iOS I have found are either proprietary (and expensive) ones, or licensed under the LGPL which precludes distribution through Apple’s App store. It’s a legal technicality that may not even be intentional on part of the authors of the license, but almost all experts agree that the restriction does apply.

I think the small indicator (looks like a rectangular LED, like in the on/off switches) will show up when you change the “Off” color from transparent to something else.

[quote=“mda, post:9, topic:188403”]@intveltr - Might it be easy to add a “Refresh” field to the html control that we can set to the number of seconds to automatically refresh the web page while the control is displayed (if it is not set to zero)?

That way we could put a “1” in the field and it could refresh a camera snapshot every second directly from the camera. Thanks ![/quote]

Sounds sensible, I’ll add that