V1.91 - Beta => V1.93 public

ok I have published a beta version called 1.91 which can be installed from here: MiOS Apps

I am awaiting some feedbacks from the community and will make a public version from it.

This 1.91 fixes a number of things

[ul][li]improved UI7 compatibility but removing the need of the ‘Save’ button from the javascript settings and map tab[/li]
[li]fixed the datatype for Distance event notification ( goes above, goes below ) which prevented the event from firing properly in a number of occasions[/li]
[li]prevent useless duplicate calls to google when the phone has not moved more than 100 meters from its previous location. this will protect google quota, especially when the phone is static in your home base. this only apply to the “Direct” mode though as it would be quite complex for the other modes to implement[/li]
[li]fixed the scenegroup size ( visible on the device dashboard when you are in edit mode for a scene [/li][/ul]

I do see the "Distance goes below " trigger firing at every luup restart (if anybody has any idea why, let me know) so if you experiences this behavior of this trigger keeping firing, you should check your VERA if it is not regularly restarting the LUUP engine without you be aware. what I typically do for instance on mine is send me an email in lua startup file so that I know when my box restarts.

Enjoy,

I would love to test but my UI7 does not get apps from the MiOS apps place. At least I didn’t figure it out how to force the version.
Any chance you could release this to production so I can grab it ?

I would also love to have access to the Beta version for testing but I do not have an account for the mios site

for both of you, if you already have installed an old version, then you already have the icons installed properly.

so then all you need to do is to grab the files from here ( except the icons , so *.xml *.json *.js *.lua ) [url=http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_iphone-detector/browser/trunk/iPhoneLocator]http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_iphone-detector/browser/trunk/iPhoneLocator[/url] and upload them into vera , that should upgrade you to v1.91

if you have not installed the icon yet, this is tricky, you need to install the iconIPhone*.png files into /www/cmh/skins/default/icons/ and newbutton_bg.png into /www/cmh/skins/default/images/cpanel/ using your favorite file transfer / remote login tool ( WinSCP for instance ) and of course knowing how to remote login with root and your password…

Cool, I just updated it and now most of the functions work.
I will wait a bit and look more into it as I could only find one device from the icloud, but this might just be me.

[quote=“charlesrg, post:5, topic:184544”]Cool, I just updated it and now most of the functions work.
I will wait a bit and look more into it as I could only find one device from the icloud, but this might just be me.[/quote]

maybe check what you have in the variable IPhoneName. it is a pattern matching. for example '.’ would give you all the devices in the iCloud account, "^iPhone." : all devices with names starting with iPhone etc. see some examples descrived in http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16907.msg130221.html#msg130221

I’m using ^.*$
I think the problem is somewhere else as when I hit refresh it shows my phone there but not my wife’s phone. However on icloud.com I can see both.

Overall really like it. Will definitely start using it on advanced triggers like turn on heater if I’m on a 1 mile radius.

I have installed v1.91 for UI7 (updated from 1.85) and entered my icloud username and password, but am getting “No Devices for this account, check network/credentials”. The credentials are also listed correctly in the advanced settings screen. I double checked that they are the correct ones, so not quite sure where to go from there.

the password in the advanced setting tab is not clear text, it must be a base64 encoding, so to enter the password you should really try to use the JS tab “settings”, enter account then swith to password box, enter password , then set focus to another box etc

at this point on version before 1.91 you had to save ( and could not on UI7 ) , with v1.91 and above you should be all set there. once done that, reload lua , refresh browser and you should find a base64 encoding of your password in the password variable in the Advanced tab.

Alternative go to https://www.base64decode.org/ encode your password, copy paste the result in the password variable in the Advanced tab.

where on the vera do the files go?

Hi Amgo,

Tried different things with the password, etc - is it possible the plugin doesnt support specail characters?

it is a bit complicated, I suggest you install from the app store MiOS Apps or wait a couple of days where 1.93 will be public. v1.93 just a few bug fixes over v1.91
if you have a specific reason why you cant install from store, I can then share file locations for manual install. not all .png file for the same place so it is a bit tricky

[quote=“seanh, post:11, topic:184544”]Hi Amgo,

Tried different things with the password, etc - is it possible the plugin doesnt support specail characters?[/quote]

Can you tell me more : what version do you use and how / where did you enter your password ?

In the Advanced Tab, the password field should include a base64 encoding of the password , while in the Settings tab you can type your password normally. to get a base64 encoding you can use https://www.base64encode.org/

it is possible I have special character issue but normally not. maybe avoid “quote”

Version 1.93 is public in the store. just few bug fixes for this 1.91beta generation.
enjoy…

App auto-updated to v1.93. On the main settings page, I enter my icloud username and password and the blue bar at the top comes back with “iCloud Access refused. Check Credentials?” I have triple checked and they are the correct credentials. If I go to the advanced settings tab, it shows the correct user name and the encdoded version of the password.

very strange, nothing changed in that area and if you see the correct user name & b64 encoded pwd in the advanced tab, I am not sure. Maybe you can double check your credential directly with iCloud trying to connect to https://www.icloud.com/ from your computer

I am running a Vera Edge and whenever I select more than one Iphone it causes the LUA engine to continuously restart. Not sure I am wording this right but I see across the top messages about it starting, Then a backup is taken then it restarts again. I tried to enable debug and read the logs but it seems to be a bit obtuse what Vera is doing. Any help is appreciated!
Will

[quote=“w0ss, post:17, topic:184544”]I am running a Vera Edge and whenever I select more than one Iphone it causes the LUA engine to continuously restart. Not sure I am wording this right but I see across the top messages about it starting, Then a backup is taken then it restarts again. I tried to enable debug and read the logs but it seems to be a bit obtuse what Vera is doing. Any help is appreciated!
Will[/quote]
What version are you using? Please elaborate what you mean exactly by select more than one phone. In what screen? How? Thx
Also most likely we would need to see the log in debug mode. You can PM me and I ll give you an email address to send the log to

[quote=“amg0, post:18, topic:184544”]What version are you using? Please elaborate what you mean exactly by select more than one phone. In what screen? How? Thx
Also most likely we would need to see the log in debug mode. You can PM me and I ll give you an email address to send the log to[/quote]
I am running V1.93 of the plugin. I have two Iphones on my itunes account, If I only have one Iphone being tracked via the plugin then it works fine. If I then have the plugin track both Iphones it tries to create the child device(it shows in the gui for a short time) and it looks like it causes some type of crash. I will send you a PM so I can get you logs.
Thanks,
Will

[quote=“w0ss, post:19, topic:184544”][quote=“amg0, post:18, topic:184544”]What version are you using? Please elaborate what you mean exactly by select more than one phone. In what screen? How? Thx
Also most likely we would need to see the log in debug mode. You can PM me and I ll give you an email address to send the log to[/quote]
I am running V1.93 of the plugin. I have two Iphones on my itunes account, If I only have one Iphone being tracked via the plugin then it works fine. If I then have the plugin track both Iphones it tries to create the child device(it shows in the gui for a short time) and it looks like it causes some type of crash. I will send you a PM so I can get you logs.
Thanks,
Will[/quote]

I have a mail from mcv.andrei who has found the bug for me I believe. I will release a quick fix and please let me know how it goes and I will make a new release
THANK YOU mcv.andrei