v1.77 posted with some bug fixes

• Fixed bug: adding a background image to the Home panel on iPads now works.
  • Fixed bug: Action buttons can now be configured on iOS < 6.0
  • Fixed bugs in Sonos playlists: Unicode characters, Sonos restarting a playlist several times when selected.
  • Compatibility with the latest version of the Sonos plugin.

Updated, thanks!

I noticed that my issue with Nexia thermostat mode (setpoint control reflecting the correct setpoint per the correct mode) is now fixed. Awesome.

I’m having trouble with a control screen. Only one… the others are fine. When trying to edit, I can’t select any controls. I can move them by holding & dragging, but by clicking, they won’t get selected. The highlight box appears then disappears. The edit options at the top (wrench to edit, X to delete, link to link) never become active. The layout is 3 columns, 5 rows. The only thing I can do is move controls… I can’t select anything to delete, or select multiple controls to change the layout. I hope all of this is descriptive enough.

I can happily confirm that my unicode playlists now show up in Homewave. I still get timeouts on LAN/WAN when loading long playlists which means that Homeway “freezes”. If there is a way to tune this it would be great.

Would it be possible to add “random” and “repeat” buttons for Sonos?

Have you installed the latest version of the Sonos plugin? Not the beta2 version but the latest version in cvs? See here: trunk – Sonos Wireless HiFi Music Systems

That version stores the playlists in greatly condensed form, which improves the app’s performance.

You’re right. The issue is with the Sonos plugin. I have upgraded and it got better but the plugin seems to have problems handling very large playlists.

@intveltr

When HW is running full time on a dedicated iPad and luup restarts on Vera, HW does not recover the connection. Even tapping the red wifi icon in the upper right does not restore the connection. I have to exit the app, which is troublesome as i am using HW as a dedicated vera controller on a wall-mounted iPad. Is there anything i can do to help troubleshoot?

happens on iPad2 and iPad3, running iOS 7.0.4 connected via Wifi.

thanks!

Can you enable logging in HomeWave, run the app, restart your Vera to cause a disconnect, then mail me the log files (using the Info screen) please?

I’ve noticed that clicking the network icon does not always correctly reconnect, however my phones (including a wall mounted iPhone that runs HW permanently) seem to always recover from a Vera restart.

Did you configure any MiOS credentials, and are they complete and correct?

log sent!

yes, my mios credentials are set and i confirmed them.

Looking at the log i think it is trying my vera on fwd1 when i believe it is actually on fwd4 at the moment (used to be on fwd6 for a long time), and then not liking the response and not trying to connect agin to it again locally (which might be 2 separate issues?). Interestingly, this even happens when i set it to override mios setting to go to vera direct. I have also emailed you the results of my locator_json call.

I am not sure if this is related but I also notice the even when have it set to connect direct to vera and then i start the app (after forcing it to quit) the connection icon flips quickly on startup between red wifi → red cloud → white wifi. I am not sure why it would be trying the cloud when it is set to connect directly (which used to be a quicker reconnect when coming out of sleep-- used as my temporary workaround for the bedroom wall iPad until/if you can get it to appear more blacked out and do that on idle). Thanks!

Seen some previous post regarding Smart Virtual Thermostat that it wasn’t possible to choose Normal/Economy mode through Homewave.

This seems to still be the case. Any chance to fix this?

[quote=“Freddan101, post:9, topic:178872”]Seen some previous post regarding Smart Virtual Thermostat that it wasn’t possible to choose Normal/Economy mode through Homewave.

This seems to still be the case. Any chance to fix this?[/quote]

My virtual thermostat doesn’t allow setting it from the Vera UI either, perhaps I am running an older version?

[quote=“mda, post:8, topic:178872”]log sent!

yes, my mios credentials are set and i confirmed them.

Looking at the log i think it is trying my vera on fwd1 when i believe it is actually on fwd4 at the moment (used to be on fwd6 for a long time), and then not liking the response and not trying to connect agin to it again locally (which might be 2 separate issues?). Interestingly, this even happens when i set it to override mios setting to go to vera direct. I have also emailed you the results of my locator_json call.

I am not sure if this is related but I also notice the even when have it set to connect direct to vera and then i start the app (after forcing it to quit) the connection icon flips quickly on startup between red wifi → red cloud → white wifi. I am not sure why it would be trying the cloud when it is set to connect directly (which used to be a quicker reconnect when coming out of sleep-- used as my temporary workaround for the bedroom wall iPad until/if you can get it to appear more blacked out and do that on idle). Thanks![/quote]

I’ve made a few small corrections to the network code; hopefully they will do the job (I am testing them at the moment).

[quote=“intveltr, post:10, topic:178872”][quote=“Freddan101, post:9, topic:178872”]Seen some previous post regarding Smart Virtual Thermostat that it wasn’t possible to choose Normal/Economy mode through Homewave.

This seems to still be the case. Any chance to fix this?[/quote]

My virtual thermostat doesn’t allow setting it from the Vera UI either, perhaps I am running an older version?[/quote]
I can change between Eco and Comfort in the Vera GUI and this is reflected in HomeWave. I also tested to create a virtual button that triggers the change via scenes which works.

When changing mode in Homewave the change doesn’t take effect, i.e when one of the “mode” buttons are pressed it turns grays but finally times out and the other button turns blue again.

Looks like the Virtual Thermostat expects different commands compared to other thermostats. The command is accepted by the plugin but the mode isn’t recognized. Does this work correctly from other smartphone apps

Posted v1.78:

• New: You can ask Vera to include or exclude Z-Wave devices from HomeWave; access this function from the Info screen.
  • Battery indicator shows a ? if the battery level was last reported over a month ago.
  • Added Shuffle and Repeat buttons to Sonos / Media control (relink your control to Sonos to make this work)
  • Small improvements to network code
  • Support for the iPhone Detector plugin: allows muting / unmuting