v1.70 - Public Release

Please use this thread for discussions about the 1.70 release. you can install from the PUBLIC store, it has been approved by MCV today
Doc: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16907.msg130221.html#msg130221

EDIT: I have released a v1.71 non-public version, there are no any difference between that version and the public v1.70 except a paypal “donate” button in one tab of the SETTING screen that you are absolutely free to use or not to support my efforts. But nobody should feel forced too, this is free software with available source code. it just felt like an idea for Xmas :slight_smile:

With 1.70 I’m noticing a change in behavior.

If a device is muted, and I click the refresh button, the location will no longer update.

Is this by design?

Thanks,

Chris

[quote=“ChrisTheC, post:2, topic:178365”]With 1.70 I’m noticing a change in behavior.

If a device is muted, and I click the refresh button, the location will no longer update.

Is this by design?

Thanks,

Chris[/quote]

yes , introduced in 1.69g when I modified the way timer are managed. In the past, the polling frequency was only changed after the current timer ( under the current polling ) was received. this was not reactive enough for some scenario. Now it is immediately taken into account : a new timer is launched and the old timer will simply be ignored and not renewed when it expires.

But the side effect of the implementation is indeed that a muted device is really muted. I did not quite realize that until you mentioned it.

To get a refreshed position of a muted device , just unmute it and remute it back. the fact of unmuting triggers a refresh. Not that it does not garantee a refreshed position, it just garantees it triggers a question to iCloud, the more I observe iCloud the more I see that it replied to us with the last known position before it actually goes and polls the phone itself. So to really get a new position, do the refresh ( or unmute/mute ) twice

The Unmute/Mute method may cause the Present/Away status to change, thus triggering notifications to be sent when not desired. I understand your reasoning, and I can’t complain, since my usage methods are probably not standard. I’ll figure a way around it. :slight_smile:

Yes, I noticed that early on, even using the iCloud website, Apple will report the last known position. Perhaps up to 30 seconds later, a refined & more current position is reported. When manually refreshing your plugin, we know we must do it twice. I usually wait 15-30 seconds before refreshing the second time. That’s just the way it is.

Thanks again for all of your hard work,

Chris

My iCloud account contains a total of 3 devices only two of which I want to track. I have been able to establish a connection to my iCloud account and the three devices are listed correctly. I have then selected the two devices that I wish to track and moved them to the list on the right side of the dialog. I have checked and rechecked what I have done with your instructions and they seem very clear. However, the only way that I have been able to get the plugin to start interacting with my iCloud account is to type in the LUA pattern matching string “.*” Anything else results in a “Not Configured” message on the plugin. What am I missing?

when you move the 2 devices to the right hand list, you really need to save the setting ( the top right corner usual SAVE button should appear. ). save it here. then Lua should restart and let it restart at least 2 or 3 times because the plug in will create child device ( one per device you monitor ) and it seems each time it requires a lua restart. so end to end you are up for at least 2 or 3 restarts after having selected iDevice to monitor and save.

otherwise, could be a situation where there are issue with names, I posted a few msg earlier in this forum a private v1.72 which could help as it puts ^ * around device names to garantee the pattern matching is unambiguous in some cases.

if all that does not work, then please enable debug mode ( CONTROL tab ) and retry the whole configuration , then send me the logs
hope that helps

Thanks for the response. I am not familiar with the LUA programming language and I discovered that my iPhone names had a “magic” character in them that was interfering with the pattern matching. Once I entered the escape character before the offending character, everything worked. Very nice app.

Glad to hear :slight_smile: