Using Plex and VeraProximity to turn on hall lights

Hi.

I am using PLEG and Vera Proximity along with PING sensors to both my wifes phone and mine.

I would like that on the approach to the house the lights turn on in the hall.

Can i have a PLEG task to work if a trigger changes state. So in my example, if Vera is set to away, if it changed to home (VeraProximity picks up i have entered through the Geofenced area nearing home) can i have the lights come on for 10 minuets?

Thanks
N

I have two fence radius to detect arrival. A single small one gets an occasional false trigger.

On arrival I do all of the following.
Set thermostat for occupied.
Turn on lights from garage to living areas.
That way I can get into the house even with my hands full.

Opening the garage door shortly after arrival disarms the shop/garage partition.

If the shop partition is disarmed and I enter a valid door code into the house door … It disarms the house partition.

Also at night if the lights in the garage are on and I open the door to the house it turns off the garage lights.

So pretty much everything I used to do manually is done auto-magically.

I have a similar departure procedure.

The logic is a little more complicated when you you have two or more folks entering / leaving independently. Then things are based on last person leaving and first person arriving.

Of course PLEG is your friend to implement this type of automation.

Thanks!

Richard, to use your words… could you attach a copy of your PLEG? ;D So that we might glean some of the working techniques that you’ve developed and implement (obviously over time). Mike

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:2, topic:188840”]I have two fence radius to detect arrival. A single small one gets an occasional false trigger.

On arrival I do all of the following.
Set thermostat for occupied.
Turn on lights from garage to living areas.
That way I can get into the house even with my hands full.

Opening the garage door shortly after arrival disarms the shop/garage partition.

If the shop partition is disarmed and I enter a valid door code into the house door … It disarms the house partition.

Also at night if the lights in the garage are on and I open the door to the house it turns off the garage lights.

So pretty much everything I used to do manually is done auto-magically.

I have a similar departure procedure.

The logic is a little more complicated when you you have two or more folks entering / leaving independently. Then things are based on last person leaving and first person arriving.

Of course PLEG is your friend to implement this type of automation.[/quote]

My PLEGs are not easy to follow because of the complex automation schemes I have … All I can share is the strategy.