Using LightwaveRF Wireless Master Wall Switch with Vera Scenes

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the Wireless Master Wall Switch to my VeraLite and then configure the buttons of the switch to activate scenes in Vera (as opposed to activating lightwaveRF devices themselves)?

The reason I ask is, I cant find a wall mountable Z-Wave scene controller that I like (if any at all for that matter). These Lightwave RF modules look very nice so if I can make them work with my Fibaro micro modules (via scenes in my VeraLite) that would be great.

I think that I have what you have described, if it is similar to JSJSLW101SS.
I have the M <> 1/0 switch on the back of the unit set to “M”. Using the latest alpha trunk I see the following Scene numbers activated:

Bottom row (4 small buttons):
0 (All Off) = 100 *
. = 111
… = 112
… = 113

Top row (2 large buttons):
0 = 114
1 = 115

• However, the “All Off” button does not work properly. It triggers only once when first created. I have been unable to get it to send any more scene 100 signals. I think this must be a problem with the plugin.

With the alpha version I am running (11), it now seems to only create a mood scene controller (that I’m happy with), but earlier versions seem to also create a switch for the large 0 and 1 buttons (when the M <> I/0 is set to 1/O).

114 and 115 are for mood4 and mood5. I never created switch device for such commands.

Is it the “Group Off” button on the Vera or on your remote that does not work ?
Only the button on your remote will trigger the event in the Vera.
In this case, please check if you receive a new message when you push the button, using the plugin or the RFXmngr application.

Hi lolodomo.
Yes, it is the Group Off button that does not seem to have any effect in Vera (unless I am doing something wrong?).
I tested with the RFXmngr and the log example is as follows. All the other Group Moods 1 to 5 work well. Is there a work round for the Group Off command, or a code change I can make please?

0A14000300068E10030060
Packettype = Lighting5
subtype = LightwaveRF
Sequence nbr = 3
ID = 00068E
Unit = 16
Command = Group Mood 1
Signal level = 6

0A14000300068E10020060
Packettype = Lighting5
subtype = LightwaveRF
Sequence nbr = 3
ID = 00068E
Unit = 16
Command = Group Off
Signal level = 6

Be carreful, for “group off”, you have to use trigger “a scene is [size=24pt]de-activated[/size]” and value 100.

Thank you so much. I didn’t know that was how it worked. I tested with scene 100 deactivated, and it worked perfectly. :slight_smile:

What is the process of adding/including the LightwaveRF into Vera (using the RFXtrx)?

Devices appear automatically.
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_rfxtrx/wiki/WikiStart#CreationofVeradevices

Quick question, probably a stupid one:

The mood controller activates scene 111… How do I change a scene id?

I currently have 2 scenes, do I have to create 109 dummy ones in order to use my LWRF mood switch?

[quote=“jh71283, post:9, topic:174169”]Quick question, probably a stupid one:

The mood controller activates scene 111… How do I change a scene id?

I currently have 2 scenes, do I have to create 109 dummy ones in order to use my LWRF mood switch?[/quote]

111 corresponds to MOOD1. MOOD2 is 112 … MOOD5 is 115. These values are fixed by the plugin, you cannot change them.
Just use these values as triggers for all the Vera scene you want to create.
This id is not the ID of the Vera scene.

Ah, I see, so these ID’s are like “Virtual” scenes.

Thanks, lolodomo for a prompt reply pointing me in teh right direction!

Ignoring the warning about starting a new topic as I think this is relevant. I can?t seem to get 114 & 115 to work on my setup. The thread is kind off contrary as the RF Master says there was no 114 or 115 switch set up and someone else says all 5 work (on a 6 button switch?) and I can?t find any definitive guide for this. Can someone (lolodomo) :slight_smile: help me out at all.

Loving the plugin though, top marks for that.

Have you tried changing the switch marked M <> I/0 on the back?

That’s all I can offer as it works fine for me.

Hi all

Has anyone got this working reliably?
I?ve got many lightwaverf master wall switches around the house and they fire off scenes in VERA Edge. The setup is fine.

But they are SOOOOO unreliable. It?s not a distance or a noise thing. I?ve convinced myself there is something in the RFXTRX or the plugin that sends itself into a little doze and it can ignore scene commands for ages and then start responding again some time later. Or not. Sometimes I need to do a reload LUUP.

Devices directly paired with the scene controllers respond immediately.

Anyone else got gremlins in this setup?
Thanks.