Using counters in PLEG

Very simple question: creating a counter in the new UI is very simple, but how is it used? Incrementing a counter would logically be an action, but I cannot see anything about it. I want to use a counter to measure how many times a trigger is fired.

The action is available via adding the PLEG device to your Actions using the Advanced Editor, then selecting IncrementCounter.

So it is! I never thought of looking there. Thank you

If you want to learn a lot of cool things … Select different device types and see the actions that are available to the device …
There are a lot that do not have a user interface … and so many folks do not know about them.

Hi!

I have the same question, but I don’t find the answer that obvious I’m afraid…
I’m on UI 7, if that matters?
I’f I go into the “Advanced” tab of my PLEG device, I do get access to its variables.
Do you mean to manually add the action to the “action” variable?

I am referring to the “Advanced” editor for scenes or PLEG actions.

I guess I’m being stupid now… But I cant seem to find this “advanced” choice…

I can see the “advanced” choice in the GUI described in the “PLEG-basics” here; http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html
But my GUI is a new one I guess…? I have attached a screenshot…

You wont see it until you add a device to the action, then you have the option for graphical or advanced.

Now would you look at that!
I did not realize that the PLEG was in fact a device, thus I never thought as far as trying to select it.
Than you! I’m a slow learner…!