User Supplied Wattage parameter no longer working

I’ve been using the User Supplied Wattage tag with my devices to do the standard approach of having the devices estimate their wattage.

This worked fine for all my light switches and plugs for years until I noticed recently that the wattage field is no longer shown on UI7 nor is the wattage parameter updated when the devices are turned on.

Was something changed in a recent release that broke this functionality?

1 Like

I believe you’ll find multiple mentions of this issue over in the Release Notes - UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - v.7.0.31 (1.7.4954/1.7.4955/1.7.4956) - February 19th, 2020 thread. We are led to understand that a hotfix is coming that will cure the problem.


I just checked and the UserSuppliedWattage looks to still update the Watts value. Looking at the Vera variable in the GUI is often not a good way to look at a variable state. Changes are not reflected unless you refresh your browser. Give that a try and let us know.

Cheers Rene

Reading through the release notes it looks like this is a known issue. For my particular system some nodes are showing the Watts parameter updated in the variables list, others are not.

I’m wondering if this inconsistency is somehow tied to the issues I’ve read for this release about the device states being reset. Perhaps the energy_meter class that you have to manually add to the light switches to get the reporting to work was lost or reset.

Hot fix is out to fix the wattage readings

Downloaded the hotfix and it solved my issue.

Thanks for the quick turn around.