Use Atom(s) to extend/reinforce Ezlo Plus z-wave network?

I know z-wave is a mesh network, and as such devices can make multiple hops through other devices to reach the controller (or for the controller to reach them). Sometimes, however, there will be a single device out by itself or otherwise a weak point in the network. As such, I was wondering: if the “primary” hub, which has all the devices and logic on it is an Ezlo Plus, is it possible to use one or more Ezlo Atom hubs to extend/reinforce the network such that far-flung devices don’t have to go through as many hops to get to a hub/controller?

My thinking would be that the atom devices would pick up the logic/devices from the Ezlo Plus, making it so a device that is far away from the Ezlo Plus could communicate with one of the Atoms instead, reducing the number of hops required and increasing reliability/performance, especially if an intermediate device dies/goes offline.

But maybe this is crazy talk, or even completely unnecessary given how z-wave works?

you are so close @ibrewster
we are on it…

in Ezlogic, you can “Group” controllers today…this capability is being extended…

1 Like

It should be done by Jan 24 . I will let you know @ibrewster :slight_smile:

1 Like