US Veralite communicate with AUS Z-Wave Devices

Hi All,

I need some advice regarding my current situation.

I have an US version of Veralite working perfectly at home with all the door/window sensor.

Recently I bought an AU version of Micro Smart Switch (because of the 240V power rating) and I realised that it was operating at different frequency (921.42MHz).

Beside of getting another Veralite (AU version) and bridge it to my existing Veralite (US Version), is there any other way to communicate with the AU version of Micro Smart switch?

Can the self powered Z-Wave USB stick help?

[quote=“Bena, post:1, topic:186633”]Hi All,

I need some advice regarding my current situation.

I have an US version of Veralite working perfectly at home with all the door/window sensor.

Recently I bought an AU version of Micro Smart Switch (because of the 240V power rating) and I realised that it was operating at different frequency (921.42MHz).

Beside of getting another Veralite (AU version) and bridge it to my existing Veralite (US Version), is there any other way to communicate with the AU version of Micro Smart switch?

Can the self powered Z-Wave USB stick help?[/quote]

Nope, and most options you find will be more expensive then just getting a US device. Where is it being installed? Maybe we can give you some other ideas if you can’t find a 240v microswitch.

If you are in a country where the standard voltage is 220 to 240V, a US z-wave band Vera will not communicate with any devices suitable for that voltage. As the US voltage is 120V.

As per the Z-Wave standards, the Z-Wave Radio uses the 868.42 MHz SRD Band (Europe); the 900 MHz ISM band: 908.42 MHz (United States); 916 MHz (Israel); 919.82 MHz (Hong Kong); 921.42 MHz (Australian/New Zealand) and India 865.2 Mhz.

Your best bet would be to get a Vera with a Z-Wave chip that supports your country/continent for any mains powered devices you want to use.

Any given Z-Wave mesh network operates on exactly one frequency. Your existing Vera with the US devices that you already have, that’s one Z-Wave network. The Australian switch, on its different frequency, will have to join another network. Your existing Vera can’t be that network. Vera can operate only one Z-Wave radio at a time. Even if you bought a USB Z-Wave stick, and plugged it into your US Vera, you would have to disable the internal radio to use the USB transceiver, and then your sensors would stop working.

Your options are:

• Dispose of the Australian switch and buy one that operates on the US frequency but is rated for 240 VAC and 50 Hz.
  • Buy an Australian Vera and bridge it with your own Vera.
  • Buy a US Vera and an Australian Z-Wave USB stick and use it like you would an Australian Vera. Sometimes this is cheaper than the above option.
  • Buy an Australian Z-Wave USB stick, use it in your US Vera and dispose of your existing US Z-Wave devices.