Upgraded to Vera Edge from UI7 Vera Lite... now what?

Admittedly, I failed at doing it myself, and tech support ended up doing it remotely. Wow is this thing noticeably faster!

But, I don’t need or want the VL any longer. I’m considering giving it to a family member, but first want to restore it to factory default.

How does one do that, and is there anything special I need to do on the existing zwave network to account for its absence? I.e, do I have to unpair it from all of my devices (or the VE) before resetting/removing it? If so, how do I do that??

[quote=“erkme73, post:1, topic:188468”]Admittedly, I failed at doing it myself, and tech support ended up doing it remotely. Wow is this thing noticeably faster!

But, I don’t need or want the VL any longer. I’m considering giving it to a family member, but first want to restore it to factory default.

How does one do that, and is there anything special I need to do on the existing z-wave network to account for its absence? I.e, do I have to unpair it from all of my devices (or the VE) before resetting/removing it? If so, how do I do that??[/quote]

Before your devices can be added in the new controller they need to be unpaired. You can do this with the new or old controller.

When you do a software update you can choose to start fresh or keep existing. Also in the backup menu under settings way at the bottom there is a return to default to wipe everything out.

Thanks for the instruction. I’ve already disconnected the VL from my network (LAN and zwave) and shut it down. So far, I haven’t seen any issues with the VE missing it.

If I understand what you’re saying, i should not have to do anything with my existing devices or the VE to ‘unpair’ the VL, correct? Simply doing a factory reset under the backup section will wipe it clean as though it never existed?

[quote=“erkme73, post:3, topic:188468”]Thanks for the instruction. I’ve already disconnected the VL from my network (LAN and zwave) and shut it down. So far, I haven’t seen any issues with the VE missing it.

If I understand what you’re saying, i should not have to do anything with my existing devices or the VE to ‘unpair’ the VL, correct? Simply doing a factory reset under the backup section will wipe it clean as though it never existed?[/quote]

If your EDGE is working then your devices are all good and a wipe of the Lite is all that’s needed.

Even if you reset to factory defaults … the old Vera will see the Z-Wave devices unless you reset the z-wave network on the old device.

If you don’t and you sell it … that person could come to your home and open your z-wave locks.