Upgrade firmware and Vera reset but devices are present again

Hello everyone, I did a firmware upgrade (from 1.1.1186 to 01.01.1245) and then a reset of Vera (Advanced>Backup>Restore to factory defaults).

After the operation I noticed that the system is back to factory settings but different devices were not removed. Why?

Thanks

The Z-Wave device/network information stays inside the Z-Wave chip, unless you specifically reset the network.

Z-Wave device → Advanced → Reset Z-Wave network

But you will have to exclude and then include all your devices again.

Here is some more information.

i’ve tried follow your instruction and again Reset Z-Wave network and Restore to factory default but the Devices come back again :frowning:

Please see the screen shot

I solved it by deleting the nodes manually, but I do not understand why the Vera continues to recognize a device also after several resets Zwave network and restore to Factory defaults ???

Had the same problem, but no solution. Resetting the zwave chip did nothing, tried before and after the installation of the latest firmware.

@jsed,
Just to clarify: Reset Z-Wave chip or Reset Z-Wave network? (Both options exist in the menu.)

@itgo,
Did you get any errors in the top right window?
Did you also upgrade the Z-Wave firmware to 3.20 when you upgraded to .1245? And if so, did you use the ‘Hack to convert 2.78 to 3.20’ feature?

@oTi:

Tried both! :slight_smile: I applied the hack to the latest zwave firmware as well once I discovered the devices hadn’t disappeared which appears to have worked. Haven’t taken the time to remove and reinstall all devices yet. My network is behaving like it is infected with gremlins so I will have to reset (remove/re-add) all devices regardless at this point.

Its driving my husband crazy, but its also oddly entertaining if you can get past the annoyance factor. Like a funhouse.

Is Z-Wave version 3.20 incompatible with the Aeon Labs dongle? I am using the internal chip currently, but the dongle is much nicer when adding all of my devices. I’m up to 42 at present…Thought I read it wasn’t in some thread or other. Or maybe its just that its not compatible with Vera 1?

My Vera2 is running 1.1.1245, SIS:NO; PRI:YES, Z-wave 3.20.

Thanks!

I see; thanks.

Is Z-Wave version 3.20 incompatible with the Aeon Labs dongle?
[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6335.msg38742#msg38742]Not compatible[/url] with the dongle. See also [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6335.msg40036#msg40036]@JOD's[/url] setup. (I usually have good luck with full-power inclusions, BTW. So not much carrying around going on.)
My network is behaving like it is infected with gremlins so I will have to reset (remove/re-add) all devices regardless at this point. Its driving my husband crazy, but its also oddly entertaining if you can get past the annoyance factor. Like a funhouse.
;D
I applied the hack to the latest zwave firmware as well [...]
My Vera2 is running 1.1.1245, SIS:NO; PRI:YES, Z-wave 3.20.
That looks good. Sounds like the hack may not have worked properly. If you made a backup per the instructions, you could try going back to 2.78 and see what that does.