Updates for VeraMate 5

Thanks!

Upcoming Schedule. I like this feature. In fact I have went and taking automation out of my PLEG plugin and created scenes with schedules just so they appear in Veramate. Helps keep my wife from freaking out when automation occurs.

However there is a problem. If I tell it next 24 hours it doesn’t list the next 24 hours. It lists almost the next 24 hours and then it lists an event for Friday evening.

[quote=“aaronsquire, post:22, topic:180171”]Upcoming Schedule. I like this feature. In fact I have went and taking automation out of my PLEG plugin and created scenes with schedules just so they appear in Veramate. Helps keep my wife from freaking out when automation occurs.

However there is a problem. If I tell it next 24 hours it doesn’t list the next 24 hours. It lists almost the next 24 hours and then it lists an event for Friday evening.[/quote]

:confused: Yes I was contemplating this when I added this screen. I decided on showing all upcoming scenes in the view, but the “badge” on the smart button would show a count of only those that were upcoming. I agree though this is confusing - I’ll restrict the smart button to only show the ones chosen from the settings. (There is a “schedule” in the settings menu which is the same screen, and shows all).

I now see this is a vera error and not veramate as my UI upcoming schedule says the same thing. I’m not sure why it’s missing the upcoming scheduled automation and jumping to Friday.

Hmm likely yet another quirk in UI7. VeraMate definitely does just show the next schedule (which is what the UI shows), but what it should be doing is showing the next couple by calculating, for instance, daily runs - it doesn’t do it now which would actually overcome the UI7’s problems. I don’t see it as major so it’s a ways down the development list though.

Yeah it isn’t hurting anything and doubt will get any real answers til after the release which they are now saying end of June. Hopeful all this extra time has given them opportunity to really work some things out.

URL Links

If I’m not mistaken there is a way to assign a custom URL Scheme for apps to be opened via a URL. My knowledge is very limited so I’m asking if this is even possible. A Custon URL link that would open the veramate app. My reasoning and thought on this… I as well as many others get notifications on our phones for events either via PushOver, VeraAlerts, and etc… One could put the custom URL link in the message that would open the Veramate app.

So for example I get a pushover notification and it has a URL link in the message, could that link open the Veramate App if I clicked on the link?

There is indeed. This is fairly simple to have an app associate itself with its own schema. I’ve looked into VeraAlerts briefly, as well as doing my own plugin to send alerts to an iDevice. It’s definitely possible, I just need the time to investigate it a little more to figure out what I need to do on the push side.

So push notifications are definitely on the list :slight_smile: A bit of effort to do them properly though. The easiest way is to have the app constantly poll, but that is a bit of a cheap development way out (being a bit flaky, and taking up resources, as little as they are) when we have the perfect server (Vera) to do this. So I won’t do them this way, it just needs more time :confused: