Updates for EZLogic - Beta 0.13.1 (Ezlo Hubs only)

I can’t speak for the ezlo team, but I can tell you that the NuCAL integration is still in “coming soon” status, thus the reason it didn’t work for you - it’s not quite ready to use yet.

Once it is, I would think that would be the best option here (and for many other things), almost certainly better than a “manual” http request :smiley:

wish us luck…we are almost there with NuCAL…

Hopefully this week…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks good and good luck :wink: Can you share the corollary for the OpenWeather and/or AccuWeather integrations?

Hi, @blacey its not officially launched yet :slight_smile: so we need couple of more days to have it working as you requested here. So basically we will start with Openweather and you will be able to store the weather results (temp or gloomy etc) into a variable/expression and then in another meshbot you will be able to use it with ease as a trigger.
Also the Services page will have a complete redesign of course …

3 Likes

Thanks. Was this feature/gap addressed in the live 0.13.3 version? If so, then note that I am still not able to enroll in OpenWeather to test it…

No.
NuCAL is not officially launched yet…

Ok. Do you know the target ETA by chance? I’d like to continue trying to build a meshbot that replicates some of my Vera logic…

I am as we speak going thru finalizing it…hoping it will be number of days vs number of weeks…

Okay, I’ll put my meshbot-ing on the back burner until such time that one of the NuCAL weather plugin is available. It would be great if you offered an AmbientWeather NuCAL plugin too.

passed it to NuCAL team.

1 Like

On the Vera firmware hub I’m currently using this 3rd party plugin for weather that gives you some nice weather plugin devices directly into the Vera GUI.

I’m using it with Open Weather Map but it also supports these weather providers.

DarkSky
Wunder Ground
Accu Weather
Open Weather
Ambient Weather
Buienradar (the Netherlands only)

Would be nice to have a similar weather plugin for Ezlo hubs that creates actual plugin weather devices or will NuCal integration also do this?

I just noticed something else: The Dynamic Dashboard doesn’t seem to update automatically. I noticed this with the values of the thermostats, which always stayed the same until I refreshed the browser window. Is that a mistake or something intentional?

Its a bug if its doing that. Lots of things on the Ezlogic web GUI require a hard refresh of the browser to update and not just in the dynamic dashboard area but in other areas of the GUI also, which is annoying.

Ok, so if I wanted to use an EZLogic Expression as my Meshbot trigger, instead of using a NuCAL plugin, is there a json parser available to the Lua expression engine? If so, can you point me to a brief example?

Thanks,
Bruce

There will be a parser for json. It doesnt have to relate to Lua. It will operate on the output of NuCAL services

Sounds good but in the mean time, is there a way to parse a json string in a Lua “Expression”. I’d like to try to implement my weather condition meshbot trigger as a Lua expression.

@blacey Our current expressons library does not support for third part libraries. But I found some pure lua code for json parsing, you can try this.
http://regex.info/blog/lua/json

@osman Thank you for the clarification and help. So, once the EZLogic plugin “installation” bugs are fixed next week such that I am able to install the ezlo_protocols plugin, will it be possible to use the “HTTP Manager” device from the ezlo_plugins to pull the weather conditions from OpenWeather as json and then parse the results in an expression to set a variable that I can use as a trigger? The part I am missing is how an expression can access the json results in the HTTP Manager - if I were able to install the plugin, I might have a better idea…

[quote=“blacey, post:22, topic:21875
ezlo_protocols.tar.zip (7.5 KB)
8”]
s in the HTTP Manager
[/quote]

Can you try this tar.gz file for installation with upload pls

Yes, in the other thread, I was able to successfully upload the plugin. I created a meshbot to perform the http get action but I’m not sure how to view/debug the results and/or pass them to a Lua Expression for parsing and use…