Update your HomeWave Push notifications plugin

The old iOS method for processing push notifications will soon be disabled by Apple. HomeWave will be updated to utilize the new method; this also involves changes to the HomeWave push server and plugin.

To prepare for these changes, please update the HomeWave Push plugin using the attached files. These files will work both on Vera and OpenLuup platforms

HomeWave Push.zip (3.1 KB)

Hi intveltr,

I came across this thread when I started getting 20+ notifications on my iphone from Homewave recently for each single event.

I applied the files in the zip file, and currently I’m not getting any notifications. Are all the pieces in place and should this be working at the moment?

There was a recent bug in the push server that lead to duplicate push messages. If you’re getting that, force-quitting the app on the phone and restarting it should fix it; you should only have to do that once.
The files in the zip file should work, and they have no effect on the duplicate message issue. Please check if the correct push ID is still set in the plugin after you applied the zip file.

I did force quit the iPhone app a couple of times, but the issue came back.

Anyway…

Checked my push ID and that’s still set the same on the app and the plugin. Still not receiving notifications though.

When I hit the test button, I can see in the logs that it’s registering the button press. App version is 2.17.

08 08/20/21 7:06:25.355 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 11 service: urn:intvelt-com:serviceId:HWPush1 action: SendMessage <0x6d2b1520>
08 08/20/21 7:06:25.356 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument DeviceNum=11 <0x6d2b1520>
08 08/20/21 7:06:25.356 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument serviceId=urn:intvelt-com:serviceId:HWPush1 <0x6d2b1520>
08 08/20/21 7:06:25.356 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=SendMessage <0x6d2b1520>

I applied another small fix in the push service. There should not be more duplicates.2

At the moment I’m not getting any notifications. :confused:

Can you send me your Push ID in a PM please, then try and send another push message from the plugin? I can check the logs to see what is going on.

Hi intveltr,

My homewave push notifications stopped coming through yesterday – I remember stumbling across this thread previously so I updated the 4 json/xml files from your post this evening. Unfortunately my push notifications still are not coming through. I will send you a PM with my PUSH ID – I would very much appreciate any assistance - we use the push notifications all the time.

Thanks so much!

The certificate is ok, there’s one in use that never expires. The push service is working. However I did push out the new plugin through the app store, and maybe there is a problem with that file. It should be the same as the one I posted here on the forum the other day.

That would be why my Push notifications stopped working on Wednesday.

To solve my original issue I went back to the app store version (1.5) and the plugin began working again. I never got the updated version posted here to work. I how have v1.7 installed via auto updates, and I’m not getting notifications again.

I have 1.7 installed via auto-updates as well. I didn’t check the version yesterday when I posted the above message, but push notifications didn’t work when I used the files from the .zip in this thread, nor are they working now.

Thanks for the hard work intveltr – would love to have this fixed! Let me know if you need any more info from me.

Edit: Also, I should add that I’ve previously been able to send test push messages manually by calling push.php with the appropriate arguments in Chrome. I quickly tested that approach last night, and even that didn’t seem to work (but maybe I screwed up the URL). This is the URL I tried (with PUSH ID replaced of course): https://pushhw.intvelt.com/push/push.php?pushdevice="PUSH ID"&message="testing_from_chrome"&sound="homewave"

Edit2: I screwed up the quotes in the manual URL. Calling the URL manually in Chrome (without the quotes) I can get the notification to push (although it comes through twice for every call).

The problem is that the url at intvelt.com is a redirect. Lua curl does not seem to follow them, and the Linux curl doesn’t seem to work on all Veras. It works on my test box but not the production boxes.

Unzip and use the attached file on your Vera to fix this. It has the old url and curl call in it. This will be rolled out automatically in v1.8 of the push plugin as well.

HWPush1.8.zip (1.1 KB)

Thanks! My notifications are working again with the patched file in your last post, but I am getting duplicate notifications (BlueSmurf noted a similar issue previously).

v1.8 works for me, I’m not getting duplicate notifications.

Thanks intveltr.

I am having some issues with the Homewave App crashing back to the homescreen when notifications are received. That seems to be an iOS 15 thing, never experienced it before.

No clue if it’s related or if something else changed, but I killed the HomeWave app on my iPhone and the duplicate notifications are gone - thanks again! We use the notifications everyday and very much appreciate the hard work and continued updates.

I am strangely still getting duplicate notifications every time. Any ideas? Every notification comes through twice.