Update for 3.2

A friendly bulletin that 3.2 is out today which includes one of the most asked for features - for many controls now, there will be an indicator which opens a new screen to show all buttons which would be available via the web dashboard. So full generic control.

I’ll caveat this with the fact that it’s a bit rough around the edges (which I apologise for, but I wanted to get it out before the christmas shutdown period). The buttons are horribly small, and anything that pops up the keyboard might hide the input. So I’ve broken some design guidelines (for now), but it’s better to have something working :confused:

It also will log on as guest if a vera is detected on the local network.

And lastly, some new setting options to hide particular “smart buttons” - so you can now reclaim some more screen realestate, and only show room icons if you wish.

As always, feedback welcome. Next phase of development will include being able to customise the icons (another large feature request :slight_smile: )

Just got a Vera 3 about 3 weeks ago, adding things as I am learning. Trying out different iPhone apps and VeraMate looks the best and works with the iPhone Locator plugin.

Does the full version allow me to monitor a Vera over the internet? So far the free version seems to only allow me to connect to units on the same WiFi I am connected on ==> 192.168.x.x.

When at work or in the car, it cannot connect to my Vera since it is still looking for 192.168.x.x.

Well I hope you find VeraMate to be the best :slight_smile:

There shouldn’t be any differences between the free/paid version for connecting over the internet. Are you still seeing that problem? There was a bug in 3.2 for switching between networks. 3.3 fixes the biggest problems (current version), but I do know there are a couple situations where it might have trouble switching to the internet (which I’m working on a fix for).

(Sorry for the delay replying, I missed seeing this message)

I, too, am a little tardy responding. Since then, VeraMate is working like I want. I ended up buying the premium for mine and my wife’s phone. Very satisfied.

Also since then, Vera’s app is almost exactly like UI7 so I use it to sometimes troubleshoot, otherwise VeraMate is our prime choice. Very slick and worth the $6.