Unreliable ZWave execution

I first noted this July 2022 but now have started a new home automation and began to grow out my ZWave network.

My, in progress, network currently consists of:

• 11 Zooz ZEN77 dimmer switches
  • 1 Zooz ZEN32 Scene Controller with one on/off switch
  • 1 ZOOZ ZEN 71 On/Off switch
  • 1 Zooz ZEN52 Double Relay
  • 1 Schlage BE469ZP dead bolt
  • 1 Aeon Minimote

Problems I see (so far):

1. Improper state of device reported on iPhone App and Ezlogic.mios.com web site. Seems to occur when you make a state change at the device (press wall paddle to turn on or off or dim up dim down. Doesn’t update back at the apps. This instant reporting (and prior to that polling) is well traveled road in Vera and the ZWave community in general. Vera went through a lot of incremental improvements to get the ZWave to be rock solid, Ezlo is not to that level and it remains a major blocker to large network build-out.

2. Meshbots with longer list of actions fails to execute to finish. I have an evening clean up meshbot that has a line item for each device in my home to turn it off. It doesn’t run to completion and is very slow to run. I have similar “scene” in Vera with 4x the “actions” and it runs quickly and flawlessly for several years now. My Vera clean up in another home turns off 55-60 devices in 5-8 seconds. My all off on Ezlo runs for a couple of minutes, doesn’t get every device off, and the seems to give up or time out. To be clear when I toggle any one of the devices from the app or web page it goes on and off right away suggesting it isn’t a weak ZWave RF link problem. I have created an all off and all on meshbot that is simpley very device turning on or off. When I manually run either of these meshbots it never seems to get it right and it gives up before completion. If I run it a second time (back to back) it generally fixes the devices it misses on the first pass.

3. Unable to delete meshbots from web site or app. I had a some old test meshbots I wanted to clear out and I can’t seem to delete them.

4. Unreliable editing of meshbots from web interface. Made minor changes to a dimmer set level and couldn’t save it, then tried it later, after doing several other tasks, and it would save.

I keep getting tripped up by basic functionality gone awry. Now I have a remote home to manage and I can’t live with the meandering uncertainty here. I plan to add another 20 or so ZWave devices but if it isn’t stable at this modest scale I suspect it will only get worse. I hate to say it but I may have to go in different direction with a hub. This perpetual science project doesn’t seem to be converging to a stable product offering.

I have a video of the Ezlogic gui while the meshbot runs so you can see how sluggish it is and that it never completes in one pass. Unfortunately I can’t upload that here.

Hello @curiousB

We apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced.

1. Improper state of device reported on iPhone App and Ezlogic.mios.com web site.
    It has been reported to the developers and we are waiting for their comments and a solution.
  2. Meshbots with longer list of actions fails to execute to finish. and 3. Unable to delete meshbots from web site or app. and 4. Unreliable editing of meshbots from web interface.
    We will check this via support ticket and will share the solution here as soon as we have one.

About the video you can upload it to your Google drive and share the link with us here.

Ive seen this and refreshing the browser usually seems to “fix” it for me.

I thought they had recently released an updated firmware which was meant to have improved Z-Wave comms ?