Unreliable Scene execution Ezlo Plus

Hi @NCDude,

We’re currently going through your system logs to find the cause of the unreliability with your scenes. We’re committed to finding the cause and help you troubleshoot, please allow us some time to thoroughly examine your system’s logs and data.

more and more of my meshbots are failing or can not edit ,certain meshbots that do not work any longer
The refresh rate for Lux sensors in dashboard are way to long ,my sensors report every hour for light changes.
Ver1.51.1 has broken more things that is has fixed for me .
Can not create Expression using any lux parameter because none exist now used to work .
Last night my controller went crazy turned on lights and failed to turn off lights, no matter what I did and no matter what app I used could not turn lights off that were on and wound up going to each module and turn it off manually.
I have cold started my controller by removing power and then have allowing it to reboot and start, all the lights came back on, and it took 36 tries to turn devices off.
Then I had A motion sensor just disappear.
Tried to add it back, but Ezlo Plus failed to respond. Now, i purchased this Ezlo Plus in August 07, 2022
Is this the quality that Ezlo brings to market?
I need answers, not more guesses and maybe’s.
As of this writing unit is still not work correctly
Maybe it is the latest relase of Ezlogic 1.51.1

1 Like

@NCDude
It’s working strangely for me too. I do have the lux info, but the readings and triggers are spotty at best. It seems like some of my meshbots are working and not working randomly

Hi @NCDude

We would like to help you in anyway we can. Just to remind we have a complex software which consists of different modules like firmware, ezlogic, dashboard, mobile apps . So we are always trying narrow down the possibilities, thats why our customer team tries to get in touch and get logs from the system while the issue is happening.
So in your case I see these problems:

• Dashboard may not get a broadcast about the sensor updates or the session timeouts (if you open the dashboard and keep it open for hours) so can you tell the duration you checked this problem

• Can not create expression with a lux parameter.
    Can you please describe exactly what you are trying to do here. Do you also mean the lux information you get from the sensors do not exist anymore ?

• Controller turned the lights on itself. And you couldn’t turn them off.
    Are you sure you don’t have a meshbot in place which could have been triggered ?
    Are the lights zwave devices ? Did you still see those devices in the apps ? I believe you did and tried the commands. So if the commands didn’t work, it can only be an interference with the zwave devices. These are devices which use RF communication. So If it can not reach the device for some reason, then the commands can not be applied. And there can be many reasons including RF interference which has nothing to do with the controllers.

• A motion sensor just disappeared.
    Lets check the logs. If the device is still in the firmware then we can check if the controller can reach it or not.

So lets customer support assist in the case pls. @SaraV @Alvaro_Ochoa can you assist pls.

Hi @BillC ,

Can we get more info about your meshbots, and what you want to achieve pls. Some of the meshbot configurations were actually not properly configured in the previous cases, so lets check if you have any new.

@osman

Update:
The light sensor seems to be working correctly!! Fired correctly two days in a row.

There is one device (den table lamp) that doesn’t turn on. Do you see any reason it would not turn on? It turns on via the dashboard with no issues
“A test Evening light scene “

The kitchen Motion and office Motion occupancy bots are still erratic. I made a bunch of changes trying to make them work. I have no idea if this has anything to do with anything but it seems to be if I have a “for” time over one hour it doesn’t like that. Also I think the time restriction is causing issues. When I went to bed around 0300 and turned all the lights off, one of the kitchen lights kept turning back on. I ended up having to turn the bot off.

Maybe this would be helpful regarding some ideas on motion sensors.

1 Like

You can achieve this result easily via EZlogic by creating two simple MeshBots: one to turn the light on upon motion detection and one to turn it off when no motion is detected with a delayed action

The first MeshBot in this example will turn on the light immediately as the motion sensor detects motion, and the second one will turn off the light 30 minutes after the motion sensor no longer detects motion.

What you might want to keep in mind when building these MeshBots is the PIR timeout parameter of your motion sensor. This parameter determines how long it takes for your motion sensor to reset to the “no motion” state after detecting motion. If your sensor has a significant amount ot PIR timeout duration, what will happen is that once you trigger the sensor and the light turns on, and then you stop moving around, your “light off” MeshBot will only be triggered once the motion sensor resets following the PIR timeout duration.
Essentially the duration between the initial trigger of the motion sensor, the light turning on and the light turning off will end up being the PIR timeout + the delay you set in the “light on” MeshBot.

You can see and manage the PIR timeout parameter of your motion sensor in the Settings → Devices page, the settings of your device.

I think the OP wants to qualify the turn on further by adding a time of day range (ie. after sunset but before sunrise) such that the turn on only happens at night. The turn off should not have the time of date range so it can shut off all day if need be. So just add the AND trigger to above for the first meshbot.

1 Like

Sure, we can add as many additional conditions as we need to further restrict the trigger. In terms of that specific example however, since a “sunset to sunrise” is in our queue and not available yet, what we need to do is create a group of a couple of triggers in order to combine the “sunset to midnight” and “midnight to sunrise” capabilities. Also note that this group should use the OR operator instead of AND, since we want to check whether either of the two conditions is true, not both of them.

1 Like

@curiousB
I’m running ezlo. I looked up MSR and it looks awesome. I wish it would run on ezlo.

Thanks

@curiousB
I’m running ezlo. I looked up MSR and it looks awesome. I wish it would run on ezlo.

Understood. I just found that video very well done in explaining the use case for motion sensors and logic to deal with it. Ezlo meshbots are eerily similar to reactor (I doubt that is entirely an accident) so it should help.

there are many tools that use this standard interface
its a standard Jquery tool many use in their products…

1 Like

I have responded to you but you have not responded to me
And now dashboard will not fully load on any of my compiuters or my smart phone
does not matter what browser I use

@curiousB
I tried to follow those examples but I couldn’t make it work. They have changed the UI since they made many of the videos so there needs to be updates on the videos. The problems in my case may be self inflicted but I can’t make any of the examples work

Hi @NCDude , did you mean to say “the customer support team didn’t respond to email conversations yet” maybe ? Or please can you tell what questions do you want response for , I will be happy to help in anyway I can.
For your cases I mentioned the support team so that they need to collect logs from the controller regarding the issues.

@BillC , I think you already have many meshbots set up and working since I personally helped on most of them, do you still have others to set up ? I will be happy to help , please tell which examples do you want to use…

Would you mind sharing the following information?

• Please name all MeshBots that are not working correctly, so we can take a further look at those and sort them in a way that we can have information to solve any potential issues on MeshBots that are not working, specifically.

• If possible, run a test on these and let us know a date and hour of execution (as accurate as possible) to be able to check on those specific lines that refer to the MeshBot’s execution. The controller is constantly exchanging lots of information and this is an important step in order to make the process easier and faster.

• You’ll be receiving an e-mail to schedule a phone call in case the information mentioned above is not provided so we can schedule a phone call and help you run the tests and hopefully check on any MeshBot with potential issues.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Neither of them worked consistently. I mangled them up trying to get them to work. They would turn off in 5 minutes or so instead of 1 hour. And the kitchen would turn itself on after I went to bed

I have a couple so called “clean up” scenes that run everyday.at 1 AM and again at 3AM. They basically turn off everything in the event something got left on inadvertently.

These can be a safety net for any flawed logic in a complicated meshbot/scene.