Unassigned versus assigned Controllers

I just installed a new Ezlo Plus. I have two others running previously. The first two show up on the MIOS app as belonging to Ezlo Main group. The latest shows up as unassigned. So my questions are How, Why, and how do I change it. There is some functionality associated with the devices in the Main Group that is not available with the unassigned device.

Anybody have any ideas?

Hello @gfetzer
When you’re using ezlogic.mios.com > Settings > Controllers > You will need to select which active group you’re at so that the Settings tabs of the interface display the devices paired to the controllers in a group.
For instance, if you have group A and Group B, the “Backups” & “Devices” tabs will show devices on any controller in that specific active group (A or B).
If your controller is unassigned, you won’t see the devices under “devices” nor will you see the controller under “Backups”.
You can create a new group under “Settings” > “Controllers” > “+Create New group”.
You can edit an existing group using the pencil icon on the top right corner of the group.

Here’s a brief example of my Group called Valentina:

Having that group active allows me to see the devices of those 2 controllers in the group under “Devices”

And I can also create Backups for those 2 controllers in the Valentina group:

Let me know if you have additional questions.

My controller is Unassigned and there isn’t a Create New Group button or a pencil. Did that interface change?

My interface looks like this today - As you can see there is a Create New Group Button.

Try deleting your web browsers cache and reloading.

I refreshed my cache and tried several different browsers. None of them have the Create New Group button. Version 1.62.1 as of this morning.
I don’t know if this is related, but I also get an “Unknown Method” error popup every time a page loads.

My web UI was on 1.61.1 yesterday when I looked.

Maybe its also updated to 1.61.2 now.

If you have tried several different browsers, sounds like it could be a deeper issue with your account maybe.

@slapfrost Santiago please can you create a support ticket for this user?

Thank you.

@rickpalo

I’ve found out if you only have one Ezlo controller present on your user account, those UI elements for creating a controller group are hidden.

So what you are seeing is expected behaviour.

You would need to have at least two controllers on your account to then see that button.

Regarding the Unknown Method message, please can you tell me your controllers firmware version?

I was told the following about this message and what it means.

“As for “Unknown Method” it means FW version does not support some websocket API method requested by UI. It could be in case of outdated FW version, but it’s not an error and UI should work fine. Some UI elements could be hidden, but it’s not an issue.”

Oh, thank you for that. I have an older Vera controller also. I’m not sure if it is supposed to show up or not. That being the case, I thought this unassigned issue might be the cause of no devices showing up in the Mios app.

Controller firmware is 2.0.30.2041.2.

Pretty sure you cannot add old Vera hubs into the new Ezlogic web UI. They have to be Ezlo hubs.

No devices are showing from which controller?

In the MIOS app you should be able to switch the currently selected controller, to switch the app to the Ezlo one or the old Vera one etc.

Go to “More” then “My Controllers”.

The Mios app only shows my EZLO controller. That appears to be connected and working. However, there are no devices showing attached, even though they do appear in the web app.

I don’t think the MIOS app will connect to my Vera controller. The only choices when trying to add a controller are different EZLO models.

Update: I deleted and re-connected the controller. Everything appears to be showing up now.

Glad you got it sorted.

My old Vera hubs are also listed in the Mios app along with the Ezlo hubs.

The controllers have to be all added under the same main Vera user account

Hi @rickpalo , @cw-kid

Let me go over the points you mentioned:

1. The grouping was intended to actually create controller groups so they would be communicating with each other locally at some point. We haven’t completed that task yet. So we are now removing the controller selection and by default all controllers and devices will be visible, until at some point we introduce the new feature. So very soon the grouping will be removed anyway.
  2. For single controller accounts, you don’t see the grouping currently.
  3. ezlogic web app and MiOS mobile apps support only Ezlo controllers. not Vera.
  4. Vera app supports both Vera and Ezlo controllers for now.

Best,

Yet I can see and access my Vera Plus and Edge firmware controllers in the Mios app currently.

If you are getting rid of the grouping and controller selection, I may end up with duplicated devices within the app.

Via the Vera to Ezlo bridge plugin etc and having both the Vera and Ezlo controllers under one user account.

So presumably all devices from all controllers would then be visible together within one long device list.

Edit:

Although ideally that is what you would likely want, if not using the bridge plugin.

But you have several controllers in the same house with different devices paired to them. For the Mios mobile app just to pool them all into one device list / dashboard view etc.