Unable to add any triggers

I am not sure what is happening here, but this was all working fine since the last update. However the recent update seems to have stopped the the ability to add triggers.

I can select the device, event type and accept. However what ever i try to do like wiat a minute before it Reload Luup once it restarts and i refresh the trigger has disappeared.

I cannot seem to save a trigger in any of my PLEG devices running Vera edge on 1.7.1419 with Program Logic Core version 7.48 and Program Logic Event Generator version 7.47

I have tried updating and that has had no affect either, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All triggers that and conditions currently set are working fine.

Ok it seems to have resolved itself, with another reboot i can now save the triggers. Interestingly i could save the conditions all along but not the triggers.

Cleared cache and several reboots later all is well again. Not sure why this didn’t happen straight away.

I am still having issues with this. I managed to add one trigger once, that was it. Since then every time i try to add a trigger in any of my PLEGS it doesn’t stick

Has anyone come across this issue, as currently PLEG is unusable for me.

I have seen issues being mentioned on the forum, but they were more around the upgrade of vera, these issue seem to have started on the last update of PLEG

Anyone got any ideas on this?

[quote=“birchey, post:3, topic:189007”]I am still having issues with this. I managed to add one trigger once, that was it. Since then every time i try to add a trigger in any of my PLEGS it doesn’t stick

I have seen issues being mentioned on the forum, but they were more around the upgrade of vera, these issue seem to have started on the last update of PLEG

Anyone got any ideas on this?[/quote]

The lastest PLEG plugin update only works with the latest Vera update.

Vera released the last update and it broke PLEG vera alerts and a few others.
Richard released an update for PLEG and Vera alerts after that to fix it but it is not backwards compatible with an older version of UI7.
So if you had auto update on for your PLEG but haven’t updated VERA, then that’s your problem.

Your options (if your in that boat) are to update vera or restore your vera back before PLEG was updated and turn off auto update. People have found it auto updates instantly so you many need to disable your outside internet or modem so vera is unable to update while you disable auto update.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:4, topic:189007”][quote=“birchey, post:3, topic:189007”]I am still having issues with this. I managed to add one trigger once, that was it. Since then every time i try to add a trigger in any of my PLEGS it doesn’t stick

Richard released an update for PLEG and Vera alerts after that to fix it but it is not backwards compatible with an older version of UI7.
So if you had auto update on for your PLEG but haven’t updated VERA, then that’s your problem.

Your options (if your in that boat) are to update vera or restore your vera back before PLEG was updated and turn off auto update. People have found it auto updates instantly so you many need to disable your outside internet or modem so vera is unable to update while you disable auto update.[/quote]

Thanks for the response, i was aware of this and i suffered with the triggers until the new release of of PLEG came out.

The first trigger issue after the vera update was you couldn’t select any device, i can do that now. As stated i am on Vera edge on 1.7.1419 with Program Logic Core version 7.48 and Program Logic Event Generator version 7.47

So not sure what the resolution is to this issue

[quote=“birchey, post:5, topic:189007”][quote=“integlikewhoa, post:4, topic:189007”][quote=“birchey, post:3, topic:189007”]I am still having issues with this. I managed to add one trigger once, that was it. Since then every time i try to add a trigger in any of my PLEGS it doesn’t stick

Your options (if your in that boat) are to update vera or restore your vera back before PLEG was updated and turn off auto update. People have found it auto updates instantly so you many need to disable your outside internet or modem so vera is unable to update while you disable auto update.[/quote]

Thanks for the response, i was aware of this and i suffered with the triggers until the new release of of PLEG came out.

The first trigger issue after the vera update was you couldn’t select any device, i can do that now. As stated i am on Vera edge on 1.7.1419 with Program Logic Core version 7.48 and Program Logic Event Generator version 7.47

So not sure what the resolution is to this issue[/quote]

I am having a similar issue. I can’t add any triggers to my current PLEG setup and my conditions/actions that used to work flawlessly randomly aren’t working. It’s quite annoying. For the record, I also am on Vera edge on 1.7.1419 with Program Logic Core version 7.48 and Program Logic Event Generator version 7.47

If you are having DIFFERENT problems from the original post … start a NEW thread … describe your problem in detail!
Maybe show screen snaps …

I only have one reported problem that I am aware of …
Adding actions for some devices does not work unless you use the advanced tab.

Hi Richard

Thanks for the response. Not sure how i show you screenshots on this issue that would be of any use. It sometimes saves a trigger and sometimes it doesn’t, i will try and capture something useful for you to use. I have just been able to save some triggers but it seems intermittent, but i am trying to figure out if this is a recourse issue.

The intermittent behavior has been a LONG time UI7 bug that I have not been able to get MCV to fix.
You can’t typically see the problem from the UI … but if you watch the network activity between the Browser and Vera you will see some requests can take up to a minute to complete. If you do certain activities during this time … you can loose all of the changes made during that interval!

I think you can minimize the problem by

1. Doing a RELOAD LUA … (because of the bug this might take a while before it actually happens … I have seen it take up to a minute. Do not do anything else until it happens
    or you can loose your changes!).
  2. Refresh the browser after the reload.

Hi Richard

I have had some success then it stops working again. I have a new PLEG instance and in most cases it seems to save around 1 in 10 attempts. I add the trigger, accept then wait a couple of seconds and Reload Luup and touch nothing until i get the confirmation of the reload. Refresh the page and the trigger has disappeared.

I cannot figure out what the difference is as i was adding triggers and device properties with no issue. I have tried a number of reloads and reboots to see if that made a difference with no luck.

Turn debug on for the PLEG instance … (Using the More … tab and then the Log command … send it to the Vera log file.

Monitor the log file for a cycle that fails: (i.e. before you add the trigger, then set the trigger, then reload, then browser refresh (not the log file window!), then open the trigger window again.

http://Your.Vera.IP.Address/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

Maybe I can see something else …

Hi Richard, i think i have followed the instructions correctly ???

Well you did not put the PLEG log into the VERA log file … I need that to see everything in one place.

Also indicate what PLEG you are changing and the NAME of the input trigger you are adding.

Hi Richard

Thats why i gave yo both files, so you could see the log against the pleg file as they are combined as requested. its device #380 Heating Pleg i was trying to add button 1

on device 375 as a trigger. If this log is pruned too much i will do it again.

If you search the line 50 10/03/15 22:45:23.157 luup_log:380: PLEG-380:WatchProperties:Old: 22.0 New: 22.0 <0x7487c520> for example from the pleg-log-output you will find this in the LuaUPnP-output

I have possibly just confused the issue by sending both without an explanation. Hopefully i didn’t prune the log file too much

Hi Richard

Just to add to this, the triggers and device properties are adding with no issue this morning. Sounds system related as opposed to PLEG, but it would be really appreciated if you could cast your eye over the logs so i know where to look as it only affects PLEG.

It’s to hard to go between the two … PLEG has the option to send the PLEG log to the Vera Log … where they are merged.
I believe this is a Vera problem … I need to see what Vera is doing relative to what PLEG is doing so I can provide better feedback to MCV on the problem.
I can’t duplicate it.

Hi Richard

Yes the LuaUPnP-output was the merged logs. I think its more than likely a system issue the issue is it only affects PLEG changes to any other Plugin returns no errors.

Whatever the issue is its affects all PLEGS not just one when i cannot add, however i am having no issues at the moment. It all just feels a little fragile/intermittent, but i will monitor it and see if i can get to the bottom of the issue.

See:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14446.msg252697.html#msg252697