unable pair device

Mine is eu as well…

root@MiOS_xxxxx:/# cat /etc/cmh/zwave_locale eu

This should be declared as a local variabile into the systems and it should be integrated in the GUI.

I’ll have a look into the html code to see if it can be integrated… I’ll get back to you soon.

Regards,
Paul

[quote=“lgpaul, post:21, topic:168398”]Mine is eu as well…

root@MiOS_xxxxxx:/# cat /etc/cmh/zwave_locale eu

This should be declared as a local variabile into the systems and it should be integrated in the GUI.

I’ll have a look into the html code to see if it can be integrated… I’ll get back to you soon.

Regards,
Paul[/quote]

Good! by the way, i suggest you remove your MIOS ID from your post (like i xxx it out)

[quote=“Henk, post:20, topic:168398”] root@MiOS_xxxxxx:~# cat /etc/cmh/zwave_locale eu [/quote]
Nice. Thanks for checking.

Turns out this may only exist for V2 though, or with later releases.

Is there another way to show this info to users that dont know SSH (yes i appreciate promotion og the SSH How To)
I was only curious to see if this file is an indication, so that in the event that another user comes along with what the community determines might be a similar issue, there is something to look at. At which point, I would refer them to MCV.

I’m not sure how often this issue has occurred, and again, I don’t know the root cause, or the details of the fix. And I’m not going to suggest anything that I haven’t tested myself. It seems that in certain, if not all cases, there is a mismatch (for whatever reason) on the initial provisioning side and it requires MCV intervention to fix it and resynchronize stuff. Sounds like MCV is very responsive to these cases.

As a general reminder, part of the SSH login banner:

*** WARNING : *** Any changes made to the system without *** guidance from MiOS support will VOID *** your future Support requests

@oTi

True.

I have noticed several threads mentioned this issue and always MiOS has fixed this.
What i tried to help with is establih exactly that: An error check for ppl so they could contact MiOS with a well defined problem. (Unless its an easy fix that MiOs agrees users to carry out themselves)

This is starting to sound as a problem with EU registered devices as the Vera default setting is VS. As far as i could read back it was either boxes that were already not in EU locale when bought or the issue took place right after an update and then Vera reverted to standard setting (being VS).

And yes again this is a Vera2 only problem since with a Vera1 the locale is determined by the stick that is used.

I think your words of caution are well put. My thoughts exactly.
Hence my question @mcvflorin on his thoughts IF and when yes, WHAT to put into the wiki troubleshooting page to make sure not to extend into instructions that would void support or warranty.

After all MiOS does provides support!