Ui7

Nope, not fixed here.
I did not uninstall the full app, just went to the page where you can drag & drop (upload) the separate files and did so for all of the files in the ZIP file.
Just logged in to check if the have been overwritten and so it seems

root@MiOS_35103919:/overlay/etc/cmh-ludl# ls -l |grep Powermax
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 3001 Sep 10 21:00 D_Powermax.json.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 515 Sep 10 21:00 D_Powermax.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 3710 Sep 10 21:00 D_PowermaxPartition2.json.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 405 Sep 10 21:00 D_PowermaxPartition2.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 1554 Sep 10 21:00 I_Powermax.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 12526 Sep 10 21:00 J_Powermax.js.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 49526 Sep 10 21:00 L_Powermax.lua.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 837 Sep 10 21:00 S_Powermax.xml.lzo
root@MiOS_35103919:/overlay/etc/cmh-ludl# ls -l |grep Alarm
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 5267 Sep 10 21:00 S_AlarmPartition2.xml.lzo

The tab “Config” spawns following error:

Error executing function J_Powermax.js.pmjsConfigTab(): get_device_parent is not defined

Now what happens if I go to the “Settings” tab again under the existing device of my Powermax ?

Error executing function J_Powermax.js.pmjsSettingsTab(): CommProv_pulldown is not defined

…Hmm, let me try to completely remove the Powermax plugin en re-install from scratch, then apply rev84 directly…

No need to remove the plugin. Just refresh the page in the browser. The browser needs to load the new javascript file.

BTW: you get an error on pmjsConfigTab since you are using code from the trunk and not the 1.2 branch. This is code from an upcoming 2.0 version that has not been tested/released. I posted the wrong link - my apologies. Link has been corrected.

Hmm,

So removed the app and through SSH removed all plugin files (files do not get removed after de-installing app)
The re-installed stock 1.2 version of the app and directly applied rev84
Then went directly to the “Settings” tab … strangly enough I get this …

Zone Sensor Zone type Name Partition Chime Low battery Bypass

Hmm, doing a refresh of the browser and then going back to the “Settings” tab throws…

Error executing function J_Powermax.js.pmjsSettingsTab(): CommProv_pulldown is not defined

I’m using Firefox (latest) on my Fedora 20 box.

Same error is spawnen using Chrome browser on the same box.

Please see Reply #21: you are using code from the trunk. The fix is in branch1.2-rev84.

Bingo :wink:
Ok, so now I’m getting good GUI and am able to set the required comm-parameters.
I’ll go down to my console and active the PowerLink and they try to generate some debugging files to monitor communications.

Already an improvement for sure!
Thanks!

Bingo :wink:
Ok, so now I’m getting good GUI and am able to set the required comm-parameters.
I’ll go down to my console and active the PowerLink and they try to generate some debugging files to monitor communications.

Already an improvement for sure!
Thanks![/quote]

Well, I might be too optimistic … it seems I cannot really “configure” these settings.
Example I try to “set” the option for “debug logging” but I cannot “click” the ON value. It simply is stuck with “OFF” state.
Is “Dark” blue the “active” settings ? Or “Lighter” Blue ??

Also, when I simple change language to “Nederlands” and hit the “Back” button my selection is not saved at all ? Should I press some “Save” button somewhere ? It does not remember it.

Hmm…

Yep, that is UI7 for you. Hopefully they fix this in the final UI7 release…

Hmm…then I will consider going back to UI5.
Are you sure this behaviour is caused by UI7 ? Shouldn’t all 3e party modules with configurable items then suffer from this ? This does not seem the case on my unit.

Plugins that use javascript and not the standard json suffer from this. Notice that the ‘save’ button is gone in UI7.

Well at the moment I managed to get my PowermaxPro panel working in Powerlink mode.
But indeed, the fact remains that I cannot set any other parameters (eg. create logs or something)
Only the communications/UART field got populated correctly so I managed to get communications.

So all in all a bit dodgy but at the moment, the panel shows up…
Since I cannot set “auto create” devices config-setting, no sensor devices are created automagically.

In the advanced tab you can set the ‘AutoCreate’ variable to 1.

I’ve tried the updated code and i am still getting the same error from before when attempting to go into settings. I have put everything back to factory and tried a few times and different ways to get the device to recognize.

In the blue status at the top of the dashboard it is telling me to enter and IP address or select a serial mode for the powermax panel.

1. loaded files only from the trunk, doesn’t appear to recognize.
  2. installed the stock app, then applied new trunk files

Last ditch effort i changed the PowerlinkMode under advance settings to automatic and reloaded the LUUP completely.

SHEEEESH… i did one last refresh and now the settings tab is there, but the power link mode is back to unknown.

no ability to save?!?! danm

There are more complaints about the ability to save (read e.g. here), but remember that this is only a release candidate.

Upgraded to 1.7.374, and have the Powermax Pro working with some issues.

1. Settings dialog on the Powermax panel device does not show.
  2. Powermax panel device continuously triggers a Download (Reading panel settings)
  3. Powermax panel device error “Can’t Detect Device”

Upgraded Powermax plugin to version 1.2 revision 84 (1.2a). Reported mode is Powerlink (after restart of Vera).

1. Now the Powermax panel device settings dialog does display, however the On/Off buttons do not seem to work
  2. Powemax panel device still has issue with continuous download (Reading panel settings)
  3. Powemax panel device reports “Can’t Detect Device” which may relate to the keypad as that is the only device i cannot update basic settings

[quote=“bart70, post:36, topic:182415”]Upgraded Powermax plugin to version 1.2 revision 84 (1.2a). Reported mode is Powerlink (after restart of Vera).

1. Now the Powermax panel device settings dialog does display, however the On/Off buttons do not seem to work[/quote]

@nlrb: don’t know if it can help. In UI7, for buttons with state not relying on a variable, you have to duplicate the “Service” entry from “Command” into “Display”. If not, the action is not called !!!

2. Powemax panel device still has issue with continuous download (Reading panel settings)

Annoying. I am now less confident with my upgrade to UI7…

3. Powemax panel device reports "Can't Detect Device" which may relate to the keypad as that is the only device i cannot update basic settings

@nlrb: don’t know if you already change that but now (UI7) you have to force set_failure(false), for example as soon as you detect a working communication.

@nlrb, thanks for the quick follow-up.

1. Can i provide more info to support analysis? Logs, etc. How?
  2. Where to change set_failure(false)?

[quote=“bart70, post:36, topic:182415”]Upgraded Powermax plugin to version 1.2 revision 84 (1.2a). Reported mode is Powerlink (after restart of Vera).

1. Now the Powermax panel device settings dialog does display, however the On/Off buttons do not seem to work[/quote]
    There are no On/Off buttons… Do you mean the Arm/Disarm? They work just fine for me. Might have to do with item 2.

I’d be curious to see your log file why that is. You can send it to vera.powermax at gmail.com.

@lolodomo: thanks, I’ll add that. Although I would expect they fix that in a final UI7 release (according to the documentation it is not needed, so it might be a workaround for the RC).

I got my VeraLite running UI7 only few minutes, but it was enough to confirm the “Can’t detect device” error.