UI7 ▾ Version 7.0.15 Beta (1.7.810/1.7.1974/1.7.1975) - First impression

[quote=“marcjw, post:19, topic:192831”]

I’m going to respond to the static IP comment. It’s not a holy war issue. There are many valid reasons to use static IPs. Unless you are hosting your own DNS, static IPs are required for accessing devices on your network. I have custom wifi sensors and controllers that require a static IP. The Vera needs a static IP if you want to use its API by other devices on your private network - HABridge for example. In general, DHCP should be used by devices on your network that do not need to be accessed by other devices on your network.

I think this is quite wrong. Unless your DHCP server has stability issues or you have a DC, atm I can’t think of a single reason to ever use statically assigned addresses over reserved addresses.[/quote]

One single major reason not to use static for vera is the fact that when eg. a power outage has been, and the router or other device providing DHCP is not up yet (or ever will be), vera is “dead and unreacheable”. Yes according to RFC the last know IP adress must be taken by vera. But on the other hand also in the RFC is that the DHCP server will try ICMP to an address before handing out.

Given the fact that vera is unstable, one time on networking, most other times on other topics I will keep using a static IP. It is strange and unusual that this config is overwritten on a firmware update.

Managed to get Cifs to work with datamine 2 on the latest firmware version of VeraPlus (version: 1.7.2044) thanks to your instruktions @mfp

Anyone know if these devices work with Vera…
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=122&cp_id=12212&cs_id=1091804&p_id=15268&seq=1&format=2&AID=11064683&PID=4485850&ref=cj&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=11064683&utm_term=Slickdeals+LLC-1122587

… they do not show on the compatibility web page for Vera.

thx

I haven’t tested it, but this door sensor is made by Vision. It will work. There’s no reason for it not to. There is nothing special or different about it, as far as Vera is concerned, than any other door/window sensor.